cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Probelm while loading data to MAIN TABLE through Import manager,I am getting XML file from Legacy System in which legacy sends State Code like NM (for New Mexico) .In my region table I made Name and Code as display field .Created my Import map ,when ever new value comes for region value mapping is not working ,I tried changing my region table with code only display field it works ,but I want Name also display field .

Note : all my lookup table Remote key mapping Enabled

Is there any way we can acheive this or am I missing some thing here .

Thanks,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! You can use Create Compound field feature.

See detailed explanation here http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e319...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

When ever you have new value for the region field, have to do the value mapping manually and save the map& update the map.

Hope this may help you.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

to achive this:

1. First go to the table where you are maintaining the region codes.

2. Enter the region code there and then go to the import manager by connecting to the source file.

3. go the region field map by opening the map.

4. go to value mapping pane and select unmap.

5. then select Automap and check the that your region code added manually is mapped with the source file.

6. You may see some unmapped source values, map it to Null values at destination.

7. Save the map.

8. This shoul enable the import for you.

if you want to avoid the manual mapping everytime, you should be getting all the region codes once and import/update it in the data manager as a one time job.

Then you avoid steps 1 to 3 everytime and carry out the remaining steps to import the records.

Hope this helps resolve the issue.

Thanks

Rahul

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Unfortunately I don't agree with you. When there is any unmapped values in the source for any lookup table, this means there reference data in MDM is out of date. This should trigger reference data import in MDM, and Mapping unmapped source values to NULL values should not be considered as a solution. Because this will lead to an outdated and wrong information in MDM.

Madhu@ Did you tried automatic mapping using remote keys. If you have remote key property set on table and remote keys store in the lookup then you need not to do manual mapping of look up table data while importing main table data. MDM will automatically perform mapping based on remote keys.

Kindly revert with your findings..

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

Importing to lookup table is fine , each record has remote key assigned to it .but my problem is while importing for main Table ,

My issues is my display field in lookup table is name .but when source file has state Code like NM (New Mexico ),auto mapping is not applied while importing the file from Import Server .File is getting into Value Exception .

Even the same thing is happening for Trading Partner ,the lookup table has remote key assigned each record.

Thanks,

Madhu

former_member208981
Contributor
former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If you have code stored as remote key for lookup table, then while importing main table data, Code from the source file should automatically map to the appropriate value of the look up table. This is as per MDM design.

You can try 1 thing. Un-map the look up field and then map it again. try auto-map values, and then save updates in the map.

I hope this will work, else create an OSS message for SAP.

Also let us know what version of MDM you are using.

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Is your problem solved? Please can you update us with your findings...

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

I still have the Problem for automap on Lookup Table Values.

Thanks,

Madhu

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

This can easily be acheived using MDM remote key mapping feature. Keep Name as display field in your repository. While importing reference data for the look up table, map code field to the remote key, clone of code field to the code field and name to name. This way you will have code as remote key for the look up table.

Now When you get code as part of your main table data source file, MDM will automatically map this code the appropriate record of lookup table (*based on remote key)

This will solve your issue. please revert if you face any issue..

BR,

Shiv