cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBSIZE.XML and *.EXT files in homogeneous copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

During the import , we need to modify DBSIZE.XML to make some tablespace smaller.

Do I have to any corresponding change in the *.EXT files or any other files (e.g. DDLORA.TPL), to make sure the modified DBSIZE.XML works?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member256254
Participant
0 Kudos

AFAIK, homogenous system copy using oracle backup & restore do not need DBSIZE.XML.

Just perform database copy, then startup the database, startup sap. finish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this project, no database specific method (e.g. backup.restore,etc.) is allowed. Only way is to use sapnst.

Please advise. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to modify DBSIZE.XML accordingly.

former_member256254
Participant
0 Kudos

I have just performed Unicode-Conversion.

Using sapinst 7.20 (latest version), during the import, there is option to perform "oracle advanced configuration", then tick on "tablespace creation". There, we can adjust where a tablespace is created (e.g in sapdata1, sapata2, or sapdata3). Also in that dialog, there is button to "REMOVE" tablespace.

I haven't tried this, since I do not really get the idea of reducing tablespace during import, based on my experience, even the default tablespaces calculated by R3szchk is still smaller than the actual requirement. I have to extend many tablespaces during the import.

Maybe you can try it. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell at which step we can see "oracle advanced configuration"? At "create databae schema" or " import ABAP"?

Thank you!

former_member256254
Participant
0 Kudos

It's not on "Create Database Schema" or "Import ABAP".

It is during we configure the database configuration. When sapinst provide a dialog on database version, tick the "Advanced DB Configuration" check-box.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check below links -

Regards,

Sen