cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager vs Enterprise Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We already have solution manager installed in our SAP System landscape.

But a visiting consultant give a new word to managers about enterprise solution manager with following benefits.

1-If we have enterprise solution manager then SAP AG can access our system and inform us about system health.

2-If we have enterprise solution manager then SAP AG will react on our ticket not on what we send but on the the actual actual condition of system.

3-We can only utilize our support services in a right way if we have enterprise solution manager.

1- Now first where I can check that the installed solution manager is standard or enterprise?

2- The benefit which is listed above is really available in enterprise solution manager?

3- Any tutorial or link defining how to install and configure enterprise solution manager.

Any response will be highly appreciated

regards,

Syed Saifuddin

SAP BASIS Administrator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your consultant needs to keep up to date.

Taken from FAQ Question 6.

What is the difference between SAP Solution Manager standard edition and enterprise edition?

None. There is no longer any difference between SAP Solution Manager and SAP Solution Manager enterprise edition. The functionality of SAP Solution Manager enterprise edition is now part of Enhancement Package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

So you can upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 if you are not already on this version.

And on SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 you have all the functionality of the Enterprise Edition.

Please see this link http://service.sap.com/enterpriseedition for more information.

Here any further questions you have can be addressed as well as the ones you posted here.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

How to know the current version & support package level of our solution manager.

what are the steps to upgrade it to highest level.

I am also worrying about if any corruption happen in upgrading is there any secure way to revert the changes.

I like your previous reply. it is concise and to the point.

regards

Syed Saifuddin

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

The Easiest way to know your Release and SP Level is in your SAPGUI go to the menu option System >Status.

Here you can get the component (release) version. Then click the component information button, and determine

what number is ST 400 is equal to, this will be the SP level.

The steps to upgrade would be to create a Maintenance Optimizer transaction and upgrade accordingly.

Depending on what SP lelvel you are at you may need to perform an intermediatary upgrade first, typically to get to EHP1.

Changes can be reverted if you follow a recommended backup strategy.

More information can be found at http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul

Following is the current Status of our Solution Manager

S / W Comp / Rels / Level / Highest support Package / Short Desc of Software Component

SAP_BASIS 700 0011 SAPKB70011 SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA 700 0011 SAPKA70011 Cross-Application Component

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0011 SAPKIPYJ7B PI_BASIS 2005_1_700

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006 SAPKITLQI6 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

SAP_BW 700 0011 SAPKW70011 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0

SAP_AP 700 0007 SAPKNA7007 SAP Application Platform

BBPCRM 500 0007 SAPKU50007 BBPCRM

CPRXRPM 400 0007 SAPK-40007INCPRXRPM SAP xRPM/cProjects/cFolders 4.00 (ABAP)

ST 400 0010 SAPKITL420 SAP Solution Manager Tool

ST-A/PI 01J_CRM500 0000 - Application Servicetools for CRM 500 / 5

ST-ICO 150_700 0005 SAPK-15075INSTPL SAP Solution Manager Implementation Cont

ST-SER 700_2006_1 0003 SAPKITLOG3 SAP Solution Manager Service Tools

Bachup Solution I will manage with Tivoli Storage Manager.

But give me a path to upgrade my Solution Manager to EHP1 or Solution Manager Enterprise Edition.

regards

Syed Saifuddin

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

You can upgrade your solution manager to EHP1(SP17).

The miminum SP stack is 09

Recommend SP stack is 15

So at SP Stack 10 you can go straight to EHP1, then from EHP1 you can go to SP25, which is the most recent release, with 26 due out shortly.

You would create a Maintenance Optimizer transaction in Solution Manager

Update your kernel and SAINT/spam before hand, to ensure its the most current patched version for your releae level.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (0)