Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error tables in SPUMG

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am doing Database Consistency Check (using SPUMG) to check the consistency of the database

In the Scan, some tables have errored out because Table definition contains errors.

I have checked in SE14 -> DB Object and Runtime Object Checks. Tables dont exist in DB and There is no active runtime object for the Tables.

With discussion with my ABAPer , I safely deleted the runtime object (active nametab) of these Tables with function module DD_NAMETAB_DELETE .

And then "Reset" the table entry in SPUMG.

Updated the Worklist in SPUMG. Some extra tables appeared. And scan got completed successfuly.

My Qyestions are,

1. When I reset the Errored Out Tables to "Initial" Is it ignored in the next Consistency Check run?

2. I cannot find those Tables in the Export Control List. Is it OK

3. Suppose I had a "errored out" table which was inconsistent and I made it consistent. Should I also make it "Reset to Initial"? And run consistency Check Again?

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When I reset the Errored Out Tables to "Initial" Is it ignored in the next Consistency Check run?

Answer: For those tables which have been completely removed from the dictionary, the entry in the consistency check worklist should be removed after "update worklist"

2. I cannot find those Tables in the Export Control List. Is it OK

Answer: For the tables, which have been removed, this should be ok.

3. Suppose I had a "errored out" table which was inconsistent and I made it consistent. Should I also make it "Reset to Initial"? And run consistency Check Again?

Answer: Yes and yes.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG