cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying a file to proxy scenario. I can see a success msg in SXMB_MONI of XI server. But in receiver R/3 system SXMB_MONI, the msg is with a green flag. When I point that flag the msg is 'Message Scheduled (Commit Follows).

Help me debug this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

This means there is an issue with the qRFC queues in XI.

In SXMB_MONI click on the queue name for the stopped message. This will display the queue. You should see the message in the queue. The queue will be "stopped". Click on the <Activate> button to re-activate the queue. This may work. If it does not, the message will need to be deleted from the queue

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have registered the queues in SXMB_ADM in Manage queues.

In SMQR the scheduler status is inactive. Is that a problem? I clicked on activate scheduler it started and is inactive again with type 'R'.

Also when I execute the scenario again, I dont see the stop sign in Q.status but still the table is not updated.

Any more suggestions pls.......

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Message was edited by: Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

it's normal for transaction SMQR to show the scheduler in status "Inactive" (it just happens not to be running at the

time you enter SMQR, a moment later you might have found it to be running).

Rather than just deleting all the queues you should have clicked on the queue name for a waiting message from SXMB_MONI (in the default SXMB_MONI display mode you need to scroll a bit to the right to the see which queue a message is in). Drill down on the next screen (double click the queue name etc.) to see a list of all queued messages including a brief description of why the first message got stuck. You can now either "retry" or "delete" the message. Then go back one screen and unlock the queue (open lock icon) if you find it not to be in the status running. Refresh the display to make sure that messages get processed.

Of course these steps do not need to be performed manually. There's an automatic retry mechanism and if that repeatedly fails the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES (which you will need to schedule) will try to resend the messages.

You should now cancel all messages belonging to this testrun in SXMB_MONI. Make sure that none of the queues are blocked and restart your test.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not finding any errors in the SXMB_MONI. I can also see the success flag still my table is not getting updated. I have given commit work in execute_asynchronous also.

Kindly help me debug this error.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

ok, for any reason the Q-Problem is solved now. But you dont have expected entries. What is the SXMB_MONI in receiver system showing? Any errors? Can you look to message? Did you fiund the expected entries?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I can see the expected xml msg in SXMB_MONI. No errors.

Still the table is not getting updated.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

just a little trick, to control, if your proxies get executed:

CALL FUNCTION 'SM02_ADD_MESSAGE'
EXPORTING
MESSAGE = 'hi jai'
EXPIRATION_DATE = SY-DATUM
EXPIRATION_TIME = '220000'
DELETE_TIME     = '220000'.

You should get a little message (you can debug with that: put a value instead of 'hi jai'), if you exectute any transaction.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I am not clear. Do I need to write this in execute_asynchronous or do I need to create a new report with the code. Also "put a value instead of 'hi jai'". What value do you mean?

Pls explain this.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Regenarate the proxy and try to activate the same.

Regards,

Abhy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

yes, put it into execute_asynchronous. At the beginning. Because of dumping may be later (control the dumps in ST22). Activate. Send a new message. Execute a transaction. You should get a litte popup with 'hi jai', what is saying you, the proxy was executed. Next put a proxy value instead of 'hi' to find out, which values come to the proxy. Quick and dirty debugging by Uncle Udo.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uncle Udo,

When I used ur code in execute_asynchronous I could see the msg hi jai( In a Pop UP). But still my required table does not get updated.

Help me out Uncle Udo.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HAR!!!!!

The XI problems are solved!

Your abap programm cant execute your code. Did you control ST22?

Go to SPROXY. Open your interface/ flag structure. Look to deep structure, which was created from your XSD. You should see field (little square), structures (rectangle) and tables (big squares). You can combine them in the editor by minus. Like myStructure-myField. But not for tables. You have to loop over them. Like loop at myStructure-myField-myTable. Its now only a little bit ABAP work. Debug with that function modul. Put first only one value to that table. In the evening you will have success.

Over,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks a lot for ur help. I tried to hardcode a set of values for my table and update it from the method. Even that is not working.

Can you explain me how to debug this with functional module? Am very new to ABAP.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

open a thread in the ABAP forum.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all ur help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

If your queues are registered, please recheck the steps given in this blog..

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Try registering queues

TCODE SXMB_ADM -> Manage Queues -> Register the Queues.

you can also run the report RSXMB_REGISTER_QUEUES

Also take a look at this weblog,( if u have not looked already !)

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/12/23/monitoring-for-processed-xml-messages-in-abap-proxy

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S : Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Queues are registered still the problem persists.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Please look at this..

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/12/23/monitoring-for-processed-xml-messages-in-abap-proxy ---Monitoring for Processed XML messages in ABAP Proxy

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

start the TRFC monitor (SMQS)and click "execute LUW" from the "Edit" menu or "Reset status" from the "Edit" menu

Just a hunch.

cheers,

Prashanth

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

plz have a look to SMQ2. Do you see stucked messages, may be other messages with errors?

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lime mentioned by Udo, check if the message is stuck in the Queue.

Delete the entry of the message in SMQ2 and restart the message and check if it works.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo & Bhavesh,

U are correct. I could see the queue in smq2. I deleted it and executed the scenario again. Now I could see a chequered flag in receiver R/3 system, but in Q.Status field, there is a stop sign and my data are not updated in the table as expected.

Any more suggestions please...

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go tot he queue and check the error?

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The queue status goes to stop if there are too many messages or if the message size is too huge.

For this you can re-start the messages using this blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Can you pls tell me how to monitor the msg status inside a queue.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the queue in the message and then drill down if there is an error you will be able to see it as you drill down.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After I have deleted the entry in smq2, I executed my scenario again. But I get Stop sign in Q.Status. When I point on that sign I get a msg Queue Stopped. Now I could not find any entirs in SMQ2 also.

Kindly help me debug this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

double click on the queue entries to find out the error reason.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Now I could not find any entries in Queue.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

have a look to SMQR: How is the scheduler status? Should be "inactive". How are the types of the queues? Should be "R".

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

This thread solves your problem..

cheers,:-)

Prashanth

P.S : Please mark helpful answers