cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Error - Error while initiating the form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing an error - " Error while initiating the travel form " while opening one of the Expense Report form. All the other Expense forms are working perfectly fine.

On debug, I found out that the FM - FPCOMP_FORM_END is throwing a System Error. Now, i am not able to find any reason for this error. Wanted to know if there is some problem with Data entered in the form or is there any system parameter which is causing the problem.

FM - PTRM_WEB_FORM_PDF_GET ->

Perform get_trip_form ->

Call funtion l_fm_name ->

Call FPCOMP_FORM_END.

Request you to please help. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Indu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Please kindly check your setting as per note 944221. Furthermore, can you check if you have

special character in the editor? Or in the text in the credit card receipts ?

regards,

Raynard

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In my case type of the field that i set to was different.For ex -

and i passed character value here and set this field to numeric . once i changed text field the error vanishes.

Regards,

Priya Vatala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Previously are you able to generate the form.

There are two possible reason,

If you are using Adobe form then Check your JAVA engine is on. Check with your basis guy.

2. check the table - V_T702N_A- go to the details of your Trip provision varient. Check the other settlement ROW 24 Cell from right, if ADOBE from is active or not. If it is not active then select 0.

If you are not using ADOBE form .

1. In table - v_t702n_a - other settlement ROW 24 cell from right select 1.

2. In table - TA20SWITCH- check the details of your var HTMLFORM_R_P enter X in value column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raynard,

I checked all the settings as per the note 944221 and everything seems perfectly fine.

This issue is being faced in Prod system and Yes, user has entered some special spanish character in the editor field. On this observation, I created a similar trip in Quality system with same characters and there i am able to open the form without any issue.

Is there any other settings that i can check.

We faced the similar issue once before but it got resolved on trip resubmission. This time resubmission is also of no help.

I am looking for more pointers. Please help.

On Further Debugging, I found out that the error is coming from FM FPCOMP_CREATE_PDX -

ADS Trace -

Processing exception during a "Render" operation.#Request start time: Wed Dec 29 15:59:53 CET 2010#com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ads.exception.TransientException: A problem was encountered with the results: : RenderResult array is null.

Sy-subrc = 1 i.e. ADS_ERROR exception is raised.

Sandeep, yes we are using the adobe forms and this issue is with only one form.

Thanks and Regards,

Indu

Edited by: Indu Garg on Dec 29, 2010 4:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indu,

Basically this issue is about an incorrect character inserted/typed.

ADS (Adobe Document Service) can't render it because of this incorrect

character.

PDF are XML based technology and as per XML documentation some

characters can't be used.

Characters from 0×00 to 0×1F cannot be used in XML technology. See

http://www.asciitable.com/ to verify which are those characters.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

A long shot

Find out the User for ADS. When ADS is configured, there is a username created to execute ADS related RFC connections. Do the ADS test and check if the Users password has not been changed/expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Can we please know what is the solution? We are also facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Tirth

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tirth,

Please ask your basis guy to check the ADS settings and J2ee. It might be due to password expire or the URL might have been wrong in the PDF in J2EE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth