cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC and SAP* locked due to bad logins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm setting up a WAS 7.0/CRM5.1 system and have encountered som problems.

My DDIC and SAP* users have been locked in both the production client and the 000 client.

I found a note on how to solve this and that was to delete the SAP* from the USR02 table. Then the password would be PASS and I would be able to log on.

I deleted the SAP* user from client 000, but I stil can't log on! Should the user be deleted in the other clients as well or have I done something bad?

regards

rollo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 in default profile or in instance profile and then restart the sap server.

Login with sap* user with password(pass).

Thanks & Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am facing the same problem. I performed an heterogeneous system copy. (R/3 enterprise 4.7)

I need now to use DDIC on client 000 to build the transport route but it is locked.

SAP* is locked too.

I deleted SAP* from USR02 for all clients.

Now SAP* is working for client 001 but still lock for client 000 and 005.

Any other suggestions on how I can unlock DDIC and SAP* from client 000?

Regards

dstj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In case your database is Oracle or DB2 , you can use sql commands to update the usr02 table.

Example:

update <schema name>.usr02 set uflag='0' where bname='SAP*' and mandt='<Client number>'

For clarifications: MANDT field is the client number where you want to unlock the id.

UFLAG - It is the state in which the id is in. uflag=0 means id is unlocked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Surajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope  you are using "commit" after delete command.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you get to table usr002?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use MaxDB as db software and therefore I used SQL Studio and logged on with SAP<SID> and the password I choose during the installation.

Then it's simple SQL, select * from usr002

Former Member
0 Kudos

- enter oslevel as user <sid>adm of ora<sid>

- on oracle use e.g. sqlplus, connect as sapr3 (resp. sap<SID) and enter <i>delete from usr02 where mandt = '000' and bname = 'SAP*';</i> then <i>commit;</i>

- as of WebAs 7.0 it's forbidden by default to logon as SAP* so you also have to set profile parameter and restart the system.

see also SAP note <a href="https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=68048&_NLANG=E">68048</a> and <a href="https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000862989&nlang=E">862989</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deleting the user sap* one needs to restart sap otherwise the user wont be created.

Post restart login using pass password and please dont forget to maintain the parameter in the profile before restarting the instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like I've been using the wrong password all morning.....

Well, now it works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Care to share the password that is correct? I am in the same boat. I delete the sap* row fro both clients out of usr02 but I still cant log in with PASS. Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the standard passwords didn't work, but a variant of the password I entered during the setup.

You should use the password SAP if you delete the SAP* user.

sam_venkat
Explorer
0 Kudos

By deleting SAP* entry from table USR02 for client 000 you can re-login as SAP* with password pass.

This holds for any client.