Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restrict authorization based on profit center in ke80 report

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi friends

we have a situation where we need to maintain the authorization based on profit center in ke80 report. The authorzation object K_PCA is not working. whenever we assign a particular profit center and then generate the profile, we still get the message no autjorization and when we check su53 it shows it needs '' asterisk. but we cant assign the asterisk as we have 5 subsidaries and there are using 5 different set of profit centers so assigning asterisk () would be comprimising on our security.

does anybody came across this situation and if yes how did they resolve this?

I need your suggestions on how to maintain this restriction.

Regards,

Imran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to SAP note: 457046 - KE80: Performance of authorization check

The authorization check for KE80 is run in different steps.First the system checks whether the user has the all-authorization for K_PCA.

If this check fails, an algorithm is carried out that performs the authorization check for profit center/account combinations.

This algorithm has a runtime that is proportional to

(number of profit centers * number of accounts).

But this relevant for release upto 4.6C. Please advice which version you are on.

Please ensure correct Profit center is defined in CO-OM Responsibility Area field of K_PCA along with relevant values in Cost Elements fields if you want user to access Profit centers for specific cost elements

You can also run a ST01 trace and see if you can find the exact authorization failure, I checked in my system (ECC 5.0), the said algorithm is being executed when authority check for Profit center=* fails.

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 23, 2010 10:14 AM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to SAP note: 457046 - KE80: Performance of authorization check

The authorization check for KE80 is run in different steps.First the system checks whether the user has the all-authorization for K_PCA.

If this check fails, an algorithm is carried out that performs the authorization check for profit center/account combinations.

This algorithm has a runtime that is proportional to

(number of profit centers * number of accounts).

But this relevant for release upto 4.6C. Please advice which version you are on.

Please ensure correct Profit center is defined in CO-OM Responsibility Area field of K_PCA along with relevant values in Cost Elements fields if you want user to access Profit centers for specific cost elements

You can also run a ST01 trace and see if you can find the exact authorization failure, I checked in my system (ECC 5.0), the said algorithm is being executed when authority check for Profit center=* fails.

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 23, 2010 10:14 AM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Please check below options.

1. Did you provided access to profit center with respective combination of controlling area? Every profit center belongs to some controlling area.

2. Does user parameter (CAC) has the value of the controlling area which has been maintained in the role.

3. Also maintain the respective profit center in object K_PCAR_REP

Regards,

Arpan Paik

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

The problem has beend solved. It turns out that this is a report writer issue. We raised the issue with SAP and they informed that 'For Report Painter/Writer every item is checked if you have the authori-zation or not. Only the items with authorization fullfilled will be displayed afterwards'.

Based on SAP answer made designed different reports for each profit center/company code.

I would like to thank you all for your time and inputs.