cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security requirements on sender mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up a sender mail adapter to fetch the email with attachment from MS exchange mail server. The sender mail adapter can process the attachment well and convert it to XML format. Now I have a new requirement to determine if the email comes from a particular user. I can see the FROM field in the payload "MailMessage" But I don't know how to get the value of this field. Any idea on how to set up the message mapping? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make use of this HEader field SHeaderFROM....ASMA of sender mail....can make a check on this field.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where am I supposed to use this field SHeaderFROM? I know I have to use the Adapter Specific Message Attribute in sender mail adapter. Can i directly use this field in message mapping say UDF? I can't find any example on how to use it. Thanks.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can even check it in the receiver determination.

Can i directly use this field in message mapping say UDF?

yes...check the field in Sender Channel...use a UDF to get the value of this header field....the ouput of this UDF should be the value of SHeaderFROM...then use it in your mapping as per the requirement.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

abhishek salvi proposed a easy solution. Since SHeadTo is a standard field in Mail adapter. I just have to set up the context condition in receiver determination to stop the process. Thanks every1 who replied my post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bai,

>> Now I have a new requirement to determine if the email comes from a particular user. I can see the FROM field in the payload "MailMessage" But I don't know how to get the value of this field.

I did not get your question properly, could you please elaborate.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before the sender mail adapter processes the attachment in the email, it need to determine the email is actaully from the business user not someone else on server. Cuz everyone can send email to the email address the mail adapter connects to, that is why this security issue comes from.

Basically when you fetch a email with attachment, in Sxi_monitor, you can see two field in the payload, One is MailMessage and the other is MailAttachment-1. In the MailMessage, you can see all the emial header fields, such as From, To, Subject, Content etc. I need to check if the FROM field is email address we allowed. That is basic requirements. Let me knwo if you want me to explain it further.

Edited by: Bai Li on Dec 23, 2010 6:02 AM

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In mapping you can validate the mail id domain For eg: helloathello.co.uk.

You can write small script for validating the domain @hello.co.uk and pass it to the target from field.

Regards

Pothana