cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determinantion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I would like to find out if it is possible to set up account determinsation in SD so that some condition value get go to a balance sheet account (one leg of the account) and another leg to yet another account which is not related to the customer. So, the desired result is that the debit / credit for a specific condition value should go to some accounts which are not linked to the customer.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you must be aware that after the Invoice/Billing document/ released to accounting.

Following Debit/Credit entries happens :

Customer account gets Debited (Reconciliation account) and all Revenue , Freight , Tax accounts get Credited.

Now from sales point of view G/L accounts which are need to be credited could be Balance Sheet or Profit and loss accounts based on Client Financial Statement requirement confirmed along with FICO consultant.

SD account determination at VKOA does not change for balance sheet or profit & loss G/L account.

Thank You,

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB

Thank you for the response you provide. I would appreciate if you can expand you last point as I am not sure if i quite follow it.

Many thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for delay,

I guess u are inquiring for following Point:

"SD account determination at VKOA does not change for balance sheet or profit & loss G/L account."

At VKOA->

We choose the Access sequence(account determination criteria/Combination) either of any available at VKOA:

e.g Chart. of Acc./Sales Org/Acc. Det. Cate for Customer/Acc. Det. Cate for material/Account Key

Now after selecting this when you assign the G/L account for the corresponding combination,this process remains the same for Both Profit & Loss G/L or Balance Sheet G/L account.

I hope this will help clear your doubts.

Thank You,

RB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing is that If you do not want the value of any condition type to be included in the Net value and not hit the customer account, you will have to mark that condition type as Statistical in the Pricing procedure or you have to make the condition type as Accrual condition type in the Cond type config. This way, it will not hit the customer account.

Now to post this value to different balance sheet accounts, you have to enter the relevant (2) account keys for Account key and Accrual account key.

Now in VKOA, you have to use these account keys to mention the relevant G/l accounts that you want to hit.

Hope this helps.