cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start/configure a sapgateway on a AS JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm configuring SLD server. In order to have ABAP systems sent its data to the SLD server a Gateway server is required.

I know, every ABAP AS automatically starts the sapgateway program and monitors so I could use any ABAP server as a "gateway server" for all other systems in my landscape. Then I have to register my SLD server to this gateway too.

Another alternative would be to install (using sapinst) a standalone gateway (which I did)..

I know I have in my AS Java (where my SLD resides), under the exe directory, the gateway program and monitor. Question is, how do I integrate/configure/start the gateway service in my AS java?? so whenever I issue startsap the gateway service starts too, similar to ABAP

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Garduño,

You can do this by starting a gateway on the SCS for your Java system. As by the release 7.1, the gateway already comes by default on the AS Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mauricio,

thank you for the quick answer....

Can you please be more specific?? I don't know what you mean by "You can do this by starting a gateway on the SCS for your Java system".

Please consider I'am a BW guy playing around with SLD....

I have NW 701

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Garduño,

You can install a standalone gateway, that you will find on Service MarketPlace and configure the gateway accordingly to run. You can refer to this SAP Help Page to help you on this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04s/helpdata/en/44/bbb4aaf6cd673be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mauricio,

Thank you for the link.

I've performed steps

1. Add an entry to the start profile START_SCS, for example:

#----

-

1. Start SAP gateway service

#----

-

GW = $(DIREXECUTABLE)gwrd$(FT_EXE)

Start_Program_05 = local $(_GW) pf=$(_PF)

2. Add gwmon and gwrd to the sapcpe file scs.lst at /usr/sap/).

Set enque/encni/repl_port to a different, unused value.

Actually I don´t get this step. It is required only on HA evironment?

So far I'am unable to start the gateway service on my AS Java

thank you for your time

regards

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The gateway should have been already started by dispatcher while the SAP web AS was started. What do you see in smgw transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than you for the interest Syam, but it is a Java AS, it's not ABAP.

So far I'm unable to "append" the sapgw service to my AS java. For the time being I installed an standalone sapgw on another host

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you are using a HA system because I see virtual hostname in profile. Can you go to directory /sapmnt/SID/exe on the node where SCS is presently running and append the gwrd program to scs.lst file? Also verify if the gwrd executible is present in this directory or not. Then restart and I guess the .lst file should not be overwritten.

After restart check process list for gw process and let me know if it runs.

Hope it helps

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on your first post, I understood you had a Java AS (No ABAP stack). But the steps you are performing was for a PI usagetype (which has ABAP+JAVA) and for HA SLD configuration. Dont perform if it doesnot suite your scenario.

In order to setup SLD in pure Java system, you do not require any seperate SAPgateway configured. Did any of the document explicitly asked for that?

As per my knowledge ABAP based system send data using SLD data supplier through SAP gateway to SLD server. Does that not mean you need explicit SAP gateway on Java server. I have configured SLD in Pure JAVA AS system and added backend ABAP ECC systems to SLD but i never created standalone SAPGW in Java system.

Please go thru the below document links.

SLD user manual for NW7.0

?rid=/library/uuid/50924080-0627-2a10-2b89-8cb87b972fb1

Regards,

Sitaram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have manually added the gateway on our SLD too, exactly as you tried, but on a unix system.

Did you specify _GW and _PF in your start profile?

_GW=gwrd.exe

Also double check that the numbers are ascending (Execute_04, Execute_05 etc and Start_Program_01, Start_Program_02 etc)

I edited this file but every time I start the server (by using startsap) this file gets overwrited or somehow regenerated therefore the changes are lost

This is the wrong path (local kernel), you need to edit the file in the global kernel (DIR_CT_RUN), should be somewhere under \usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe...!

Cheers Michael