cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA client services configuration requirements

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to implement BOBJ SPM 2.1 at our client site. Wondering if I could get some valuable inputs on SSA client services configuration to access the front-end piece.

We do have the SAP EP and BOBJ Enterprise InfoView.

For the SPM BW layer we are planning to configure on the existing BW landscape itself. But for the front-end layer, should we have a seperate server for SPM portals tor access the report analyses or could we accommodate on the existing BOBJ InfoView or SAP's EP.

What is the best recommended practise for SSA client service front-end.

Would be grateful to any one, who could give me the right incite on the same.

Thanks,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I am happy to hear that you will working on the SPM project.

First of you need a BW 7.0 system (both ABAP & JAVA stack). The BW portal can be used to deliver the SPM UI client. BOBJ Enterprise is not needed and cannot be used to deliver the SPM UI.

In regards to SPM client services configuration, I would recommend you to read up on the 'Installation & Configuration' guide which is available on service marketplace "http://service.sap.com/instguidesssa".

We have several post on architecture & documentation on the SPM BPX page "", I would recommend you to go through them. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for answering with the clarification on the SPM UI. Before I close this thread would like to know if there is any means of using the BOBJ Enterprise InfoView portal for the SPM UI to view the SPM report analysis .The reason I am asking you is that we are planning to show all the BI reports/dashboards through the BOBJ Infoview.

Appreciate your inputs on the same.

Thanks a lot,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

Currently SPM UI is tightly integrated with BW Portal, as it uses the BICS component which is available only in BW portal at the moment no other portal can be used to deliver SPM UI. So BOBJ Infoview can be use to deliver the SPM UI.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

What you can also do is bring the Spend queries in SAP BOBJ universe and then expose the universe to various SAP BOBJ ui tools.

Here is a blog post which talks about that (although from mobile point of view - but still relevant):

/people/sunder.ramesh/blog/2010/08/02/bringing-the-value-of-sap-spend-performance-management-to-mobile-users

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant to say that BOBJ Info view cannot be used. Sorry for the confusion.

Rohit

Answers (0)