SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration FMFBS for FMBCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP.

I Need help. We use the old version of FM (FBS) and by necessity (New Objet: Program budget) was needed to activate the BCS. It Was made all the migration but when we release bursts in the envelope in the message two (former budget and BCS - Item FMAVC005 - Budget payment, and Item BP629 exceeded budget payment execceded) or should only be checking the new version of BCS

Any help will be very welcome

Sorry, my english is bad.

Best Regards

Marck - Brasil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'but when we release bursts in the envelope in the message two'-please clarify. When messages appear,and what long text

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'but when we release bursts in the envelope in the message two'-please clarify. When messages appear,and what long text

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, you should deactivate your settings from Former Budgeting if you have activated BCS.

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar, why deactive former budgett ? (FMFBS). Because a BCS is active in my system.

They are is not using former budget.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using BCS, the settings from former budgeting should not be used any longer. For instance, Availability control is technically different in BCS than in Former Budgeting (different tables).

so, if AVC is already active in BCS because BCS is active and configured, you should switch AVC Off in Former Budgeting.

You should choose only BCS settings.

Let me know if I have understood your query

Kind regards,

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar

Who AVC Off in Former Budgeting ?

Please, have sender who disable Former budget ?

Thank

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

sorry - me, that reads like "Who" the correct "where".

Thank you

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, please check your settings for Availability Control in the IMG path

Funds Management Government->Former Budgeting->Availability Control_>Deactivate/Activate Availability Control

If you have BCS, the AVC is performed according to the customizing of BCS. Therefore the above mentioned path is no longer relevant and the AVC should no longer be switched on there.

cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Mar,

Please do you know further details on when SAP will end support to former budgeting solution.

Clients are always asking this information and I don't find this anywhere.

Many thanks,

Best regards,

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hello

Former Budgeting will continue to be supported, however not enhanced since the strategic tool for budgeting is BCS.

But customers using Former Budgeting will continue to receive support as part of their support mainstream.

Hope this answers your question

Kind regards

Mar