Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Management Authorization error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm stack with this dispute management auth error. There is no Su53, there is no issue showing up in trace everything is RC=0.

My functional team doing configuration testing in dispute management and having this error that has no error on su53 no trace and they have SAP_ALL plus some roles I assign to them. I searched SDN and I Google it but there is nothing out there that can resolve this issue.

Please give me some idea so I can at least try to resolve this issue. Here is the error:

You are not authorized to perform this action

Message no: SCMG_CASE009

Diagnosis

You tried to perform an action for which you do not have authorization

System Response

You can not perform this action

Procedure

Check whether you are allowed to perform this action

Procedure for system administration

Assign the relevant authorization, if the user is allowed to perform this action

The internal code for the activity is MODI.

Please advice so I can get to the right direction

Thanks in advance

Faisal

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried running the transaction with the debugger on and breakpoints at AUTHORITY-CHECK statements? That should at least reveal the check that fails and give you something to search for in your roles etc.

Another one could be that SAP_ALL is incomplete and needs to be regenerated.

0 Kudos

Thanks for replied.

I can talk to my developer to check the programmer and see if they can find anything that fails.

But how do you regenerate SAP_ALL, I never heard of this before. SAP_ALL default /delivered profile, how can you regenerate SAP_ALL?

Can you please explain how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Faisal

0 Kudos

But how do you regenerate SAP_ALL, I never heard of this before. SAP_ALL default /delivered profile, how can you regenerate SAP_ALL?

Start transaction SU21 and hit the button called "Regenerate SAP_ALL" (SAP_ALL is client dependent, like all other roles/profiles so you may have to do it more than once).

This action makes sure SAP_ALL is up to date with all objects brought in by upgrades and support packs. Do make sure you have sufficient rights throught roles/profiles other than SAP_ALL. I wouldn't trust changing wheels while I'm driving the car

Cheers

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have this same error at my client. It was not happening till two days ago. If anyone finds a solution please reply.

Thanks once again

Suraesh Bala

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can always try ST01 to get all authorization checks. SU53 displays result of last authorization check. In this case it should be one of authorization objects S_SRMGS*. That check is not easy to find because it is performed by calling method IS_AUTHORIZED of object which implements interface IF_SRM_DOCUMENT. Fortunately, there are only 2 objects which implement this interface. I am not sure how ST01 can handle dynamic call of method.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? We are having the same issue.

Thanks, Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Likewise having the same error. Our user has SAP_ALL and (because there is a PLOG authorization check) also has the ALL structural authorization. SAP_ALL is current (as evidenced by the complete success noted in ST01 and SU53). Debugging is enormously challenging. No results in a SAP notes search. We also in some cases get error SRMF075 which says Called service provider: no authorization.

Edited by: Corwin Slack on Oct 20, 2011 12:04 PM