Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the Sender MAIL Adaptor

RautVinit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently I am facing issue in the Sender MAIL adaptor where sender communication channel is pinging mailbox server peoperly but as per affected user, few of the mails in the mail box are not getting picked bup by SAP XI.

At the sender we have CC "CCMAILGenericSender" with below details

Transport Protocol: IMAP4

Message Protocol: XIPAYLOAD

URL: imap://22.22.22.222/Inbox

Authontication method: Plain

User authontication: Yes (UID and password mentioned).

Module has been configured to access all the mails from the mailbox.

As I checked the CC in component monitoring, it is functioning fine without any errors. On frequent basis SAP XI is picking up the mails from the mailbox and processing it but still user says few mails are not processed.

But user is complaining that only few mails are getting picked up and rest he has to resend from the third party to the mailbox and after multiple attempts its getting processed by SAP XI.

As mail is picked up by SAP XI, it would be chnged to status "Read" and SAP XI is only picking up "Unread" status messages.

So I confirmed with the user if he is doing any housekeeping job and touching the emails but he is saying no one is touchign the mails and as mails are not getting processed for 1-2 days then he has to manually resend to the same mailbox then SAP XI Pick it up. But there is not consistency in it.

SAP XI details are as given below:

Runtime Environment

Java version: 1.5.0_04

Java vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Version

Service pack: 13

Release: 645_VAL_REL

Latest change: 406914

Is this related to SAP Bug? Any SAP Note available? As I checked on SDN but couldnt find any.

Thanks in advance.

Vinit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinit, I hope you are doing fine!

Iu2019m listing for you some steps you should follow that might help you to solve this issue.

Please, go through the following note:

1241039 - Duplication check and reliability of mail adapter

Set the parameters mentioned in the above note and please check if that helps.

In addition, please go through the note :

856599 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 Mail Adapter

section 5. "Other Sender related Questions"

Q: My mai messages are not picked up.

Note: I would also recommend you to update the XI Components (SAPXIAF, SAPXIAFC, XITOOLS) to the latest u2018patchu2019 level available in the Service Marketplace.

Cheers,

Jorge Eidelwein

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RautVinit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your overwhelming response.

I checked the SAP notes and asked BASIS to implement it with latest JVM and SP.

But mean while I was in touch with user and he reported that the issue is now resolved.

It was X mas time when there were lot of Order messages (placed in Mailbox) and user complained that SAP XI is not picking up the mails from Mailbox. But eventually after X mas time got over, number of mails were reduced and SAP XI was started picking up the mails instantly.

I am not quite sure about this kind of system behaviour but still I shall check the module configured for the sender Mail adaptor.

Thank you once again.

Vinit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Can you please check what error it's showing in communication channel monitoring when the message isn't being picked out?

Is it the error?

exception caught during processing mail message [1]

com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.lang.BinaryIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Binary index out of range: -2

If Yes,

Then please update the patch as per the sap note:1362573

Kindly download the patch from marketplace and apply the same. Also, remove if there's inconsistency in patches in different environments.

If No,

Kindly quote the exact error message.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sushama

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit Raut,

I came across this statement in SAP help, To process the e-mails that are marked as read but were not processed due to some failure. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/3276dba3af58d8e10000000a421937/frameset.htm . Please check it out.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee