Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO using active directory and CUA

0 Kudos

Hi

I want to configure single sign on in our SAP environment. We have ECC5.0/BI7.0/CRM5.0 and solution manager.We have all our systems on linux/oracle platform.My company also uses the MS active directory 2003.

I have configured CUA .I have established a connectivity between Active directory and SAP using ldap connector.

Now I want that users should be able to login into sap using their windows userid and password .

is it possible?

Do I need to configure snc?

Is it possible to achieve SSO without using any 3rd party solution?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Amit

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you connect your SAP system to AD using LDAP, the AD password is not available, so you need to use SNC with Kerberos to authenticate to SAP using the AD account credentials. The SNC library you use can be one of the following:

i) If your SAP system is on Windows, you can use the SNC library available from SAP

ii) If your SAP system is on Unix or Linux, you can purchase a SAP certified commercially supported product.

iii) If your SAP systems is on Unix or Linux, and you are brave, have some C development skills, and not concerned about support, you can build a Kerberos library yourself using open source code and use that, but it will not be supported by SAP or any other company.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim

Thanks for the prompt response.

As per your response it seems that we can not achieve SSO without buying a third party solution .

Can you point to any SAP note that talks about it .It is hard to believe that SAP does not provide any SNC library for non windows platform and we have to buy a third party solution to support SSO.

Thanks

Amit

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know the SAP note number, but I am sure if you search for Kerebros and SNC keywords you will find many notes which mention this scenario.

You need to appreciate that SAP cannot provide everything needed - they rely on their SAP partner ecosystem to help complement their own products and solutions.

Thanks,

Tim