Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code KOAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction code KOAB is open for change even if client is closed. Will it be possible to change the setting of this transaction code so that , it will be open in change mode only when client is open.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

KOAB tcode doesn't check for S_TABU_CLI. Hence it is allowing you to view/change order types. It can't be controlled with the client setting.

Rgds,

Raghu

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

KOAB tcode doesn't check for S_TABU_CLI. Hence it is allowing you to view/change order types. It can't be controlled with the client setting.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Transaction code OKOB is also not checking the object S_TABU_CLI. But it will go to change mode only if client is open

Please advice

0 Kudos

Yes, if the client is closed the you can't maintain new entries using tcode OKOB.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Good catch Actually, S_TABU_CLI is required only for cross client maintenance tables. However, as you highlighted the client should be open to modify the entires from KOAB transaction code. In your case, I infer that the tcode is allowing even the client is open

This is true if the table belong to Delivery class C. You can check the same from SE11-> Enter the table name -> and Maint.Status tab. I suspect that the Delivery class is set to A in your case

Note - You can verify the tables that are required for the code KOAB from SE93. It uses the program RKKOT2.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Dec 22, 2010 9:47 PM

0 Kudos

I checked the tables for KOAB and other FI config transactions . Table is "C" Class for other transaction codes, but they are open in change mode only if client is modifiable.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share the exact settings of the client.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

You need to read the documentation on transaction SOBJ.

It has absolutely bugger-all to do with S_TABU_CLI...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Raghu

Client setting as follows

Changes and Transports for Client-Specific objects : No changes allowed

Cross-Client object changes : No changes to Repository and cross-client Customizing object

Client Role : Production

0 Kudos

Samir,

The client settings are correct. Apart from what Julius recommended, I suggest you to check for the possible corrections. The below note might be helpful :

Note 458409 - Order type: functional area not in display mode

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Julius

I have maintained KOAB in SOBJ as "CUST" still it opens in change mode in-spite of client is closed. Any suggestion. While saving the changes in SOBJ it asked to maintained object for KOAB . Any other additional setting is required?

0 Kudos

Adding KOAB is not enough, you need to read the application documentation on SOBJ - particularly the parts on "current settings" and the "client role" dependency.

I suggest that you pass the ticket on to one of your functional FICO consultants who already has experience with this procedure and observe how they do it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.