cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter RECIPIENT_STATUS_UPDATE is not getting updated for Sent Mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing one issue while sending messages from SAP. The messages are sent to the recepient email ids but the status is not getting updated properly in SOST everytime. Once the message is sent and received (at the receiver end), the message status still shows SENT (Grey diamond sign). While some are getting updated with status as TRANSMITTED (green square box).

We found that the parameter RECIPIENT_STATUS_UPDATE is not getting updated properly. Would you please confirm what could be the real issue?

For your information, in SOST, we are getting Msg as 73 for Transmitted mails and Msg as 718 for Sent mails.

Regards,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Msg as 718 for Sent mails.

the above message is that the status of message has not reported by receiving system. If the receiving system not send the status then you will get above message. But looks like the message reached to the sender party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

We are getting delivery notifications for sent mails but unfortnately the same status is not getting reflected everytime in SAP.

Any further view/comments?

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this happening for a particular domain or for random emails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its happening for random emails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

there is one option is SCOT-settingsconfirmation of receipt--this should be set to "sapconnect expect receipt"

Just see if this is helpful

Success!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

The option you suggested is already implemented. We are getting read reciept mails in our mailbox but the same is not getting captured in SAP.

@ To all experts:

I noticed that the workflow items sent as mails via WF-BATCH user updates "Transmitted" status whereas mails sent by individuals updates status as "Sent".

I replicated the same scenario in another system as well and getting the message as Sent instead of Transmitted.

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any updates or suggestions on this?

If I put my question in different way:

I have made the SCOT configuration settings for SMTP. All the messages are showing status as "SENT" (<grey diamond> sign). I am receiving the messages in my mailbox. I am also receiving the delivery receipt and read receipt status mail in my mailbox too. However the same status is not being captured in SAP. What settings need to be maintained from my side so that status can be captured and message status shows "Transmitted" (<Green square>)?

FYI, I have selected the check boxes in SOST under tab "Options".

Regards,

Naresh.