cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while executing Z_SA_EXTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been facing a weird issue today. The Tcode Z_SA_EXTR was working fine till a day back and was generating files in the defined directory. However, its not doing the same anymore. The file is not getting generated and Log Display shows ETL_E_MESSAGES:012 <Object> error. Has anyone faced any issues similar to this before?

Any clues from our SAP experts??

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gundeep

I can think of a couple of possibilities:

*) Have there been any changes in the extractor logic causing it to fail before the write out to file, since the last time you executed it successfully?

*) Can this be an issue with changed authorizations?

*) Has the export folder been locked or write protected at the OS level? Have the network settings (if its a virtual directory) changed?

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Please find my findings below:

*) Have there been any changes in the extractor logic causing it to fail before the write out to file, since the last time you executed it successfully? - I am executing only the standard extractors out of the extractor kit so assumbly this shouldnt be a issue.

*) Can this be an issue with changed authorizations? - I will check this today, bt again this does not seem to be possible as the same object for a different test project i created executed fine and a file was created.

*) Has the export folder been locked or write protected at the OS level? Have the network settings (if its a virtual directory) changed? - Does not seem so because of the above reason.

I will do some analysis today and revert back for your help.

Regards

Gundeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message occurs when the final steps of writing into the directory fails. So I would assume one of:

-The customzing setting for flat file location has changed and it now points to a directory which is not available.

-Authorization has changed so the user can not write into directory anymore

-The directory is full so you can write any more files.

Thanks and Regards,

Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyesh,

Thanks for your inputs. I validated your points in the system and here are the findings:

-The customzing setting for flat file location has changed and it now points to a directory which is not available.

We have not defined any location/directory for the location and it's saving automatically in the Home directory ( Default as mentioned in the note)

-Authorization has changed so the user can not write into directory anymore - We can execute and create new files for a diffrnt object and project in the same directory.

-The directory is full so you can write any more files. - same as above.

Could this be a result of some files already existing for this object and project in the directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gundeep

This is just a piece of code. So if it was working at some point in time and it stops working, then obviously, something has had to change in the interim and we are simply trying to figure out what.

If it works for other objects then its even more possible that something specifically was changed for this object.

Just simply try re-generating the code and see if that works, maybe the metadata got corrupted for this particular object??

Regards

Rajesh