cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding the custom modifications of the DC(s) when the XSS SP is Upgraded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please suggest some document(s) or the steps required in order to establish a connection between two tracks.

We have one track with the old XSS support package level and another track with new XSS support package level.

We want to establish a connection between the old track and the new track so that we can hold the customized development components of the old track into the new track as well.

Also, please let me know the steps required to replicate the changes of the customized development components existing in the old track into the development components of the new track after establishing the track connection.

We want to save the efforts required in doing the manual changes at the development component level in the new track for the already customized DC(s) existing in the old track.

Kindly assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below link will be helpful

/people/guenter.schiele/blog/2007/02/12/how-to-migrate-developed-software-components-to-a-new-release-in-nwdi

As far as I understand for the customization done to DC's you need to manually do the changes.

If you have developed applications from scratch you can download the SCA file from the production system of previous track where all the changes are there and include the SCA in CMS Inbox of the new Track you have created to upgrade the SP.

And follow the import process to move to production accordingly.

But for example if you have modified SAP_ESS SC's then you need to manually do the changes in the new track.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Apologies for the late reply!!!

Actually, I do not want to move the entire .SCA file from Track1 to Track2.

I just want few of the customized DC(s) from Track1 to be replicated into Track2.

But I do not want the manual changes. As far as I've heard that there is a way to acheive the same but I am not able to find out the exact procedure involved for it.

So, kindly share some doc if you know about the same.

Thanls & Regards,

Anurag

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

If you are talking about the blog below:

/people/guenter.schiele/blog/2007/02/12/how-to-migrate-developed-software-components-to-a-new-release-in-nwdi

That works only for Custom SC's and DC's developed.

For Modifications done to standard SAP Delivered SC's like ESS and MSS you need to re do them manually in the new track.

For Custom Development done from scratch you can follow the blog.

Just overview of the what is to be done:

First create a track for custom developments.

Once done with all the developments and deployment to Prod.

IN CMS WebUI - go to the track you used for custom developments - Production Tab - Go to History and select the latest SCA and click on Export SCA to file system.

Now include this SCA as dependents SC in the new Track which you will be using and do the transport normally from DEV- QA-Prod.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod