Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Parmeter : best method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can get detail of User Parmeters in USR06.

Now it's different for each user, so can't use SU10.

How would you do it for 100 users.

copy paste...... or else.......

Regards,

Surpreet

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now it's different for each user, so can't use SU10.

Use SU10 for what? What do you mean exactly?

0 Kudos

in SU01 , we can see 'Parameters' tab......

i think it's data is either in USR05 or USR06.

it's different for all users, so can't user SU10

hope that clarifies.

sorry for confusion

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Yup, it does. I'll see what I can find for you. Have to fire up a system first.

0 Kudos

i think it's data is either in USR05 or USR06.

Correct, it is the 05. What is your question/confusion about this?

0 Kudos

i am migrating users (100)

now from old system I have to copy paste all these (in SU01)......... to new system....

any easy way

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

now from old system I have to copy paste all these (in SU01)......... to new system...

And exporting/importing the user master records doesn't bring along the parameters? Maybe some of the other forum members can chip in here... I have very little experience with that.

As far as the number of users is concerned. I'd download the USR05 into a spreadsheet, devide the task amongst 3 or 4 persons and copy-paste. I think the amount of users is to small to try and automate this.

That is unless you're very experienced with ECATT in which case you can create an ECATT script which adds one parameter to one user in SU10 and run that with the table export as datafile.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

All the parameters are stored in TPARA table.

USR05 holds the user assignment.

If you are speaking about addition/deletion of a single parameter, you can still use SU10 transaction code. However, ensure to select the appropriate radio button (Add/Remove).

If you wish to add different parameter ID and values, the best option is to use eCATT scripts.

Regards,

Raghu