Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Server Disk is full

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need help in this:

Basis is telling that XI Server disk is full and we cant increase the size anymore, so what are the things we can do to free the space?

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All

Thanks everyone.

Well I have configured Archiving and Deletion thing in my XI.

Now what is happening my messages from SXMB_MONI are getting archieved successfuly. But when I check XI tables they are still growing, the entries are not getting deleted from them.

I am checking table:

SXMSPMAST

SXMSPHIST

I am using reports:

RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN

RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

Can any body help me that how to maintain these tables, how the entries will get deleted from these tables.

In SXMSPMAST table ITFACTION field is having values both - ARCH & DEL

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj,

in your last reply you mention 2 tables. Let's keep things separate...

Per SXMSPHIST: this table does not belong to PI message tables as it does not hold any (part of a) message. Instead a fingerprint of each message is stored to this table for duplicate detection. For reorganization of this table report RSXMB_DELETE_HISTORY is used. This one usually is executed by standard PI house-keeping job SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client>. See also SAP Note 872388, section 5 - a). Additionally you might want to check the list of [periodical tasks|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/cd/20bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm].

Per SXMSPMAST: From your reply I understand that archiving works fine and you also use report RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES, however, there are several situations that might cause table SXMSPMAST to increase:

(a) growth is not due to messages flagged for archiving, but it is caused by messages flagged for deletion (without prior archiving)

(b) growth is due to messages flagged for archiving, but

(-b1) some of these messages are not archived

(-b2) RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES is not used correctly such that successfully archived messages are not deleted afterwards

(c) archiving & deletion is working perfectly fine, but messages remain in SXMSPMAST as the switch deletion procedure has been activated and the threshold for actually performing the switch over to the shadow container has not yet been exceeded

Per (a) and (-b1): walk through section 5 of SAP Note 872388 meticulously.

Per (-b2): check configuration of deletion phase (TCode AOBJ) and / or trigger deletion manually (TCode SARA).

Per (c): check configuration of switch procedure (TCodes SXMS_MONI_DB, SXMS_CONF_SWITCH, SXMS_IECONF).

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask you basis to check this t-code to find out which file is have more space.

ORA_SPACE (Cockpit: Oracle - Space Statistic) then you can plan what you have to do with the file and get the space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

After going through the option pointed out by Hareenkumar you can think about archiving for the long run.

Below are some useful links for the same :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f5/d347ddec72274ca2abb0d7682c800b/content.htm

Regards,

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread:

Thanks,