cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GDS implementation Case Studies

0 Kudos

Hi,

One quick question:

Is anybody aware of any case studies related to <b>SAP MDM GDS implementation</b>?

Thanks in advance.

Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think GDS has taken up in a big way yet.

I have some docs on the same which shall help you in understanding GDS.

Let me know your email id..

I shall send it across to you.

For help on GDS, refer

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/69/f46f4151dc5758e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">SAP MDM GDS</a>

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Well i meant SAP GDS..no hard feelings buddy!

Message was edited by: Tanveer Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GDS is already big. Check www.gs1.org and check for user adoption statistics.

However, I don't think that the SAP MDM product is a big player in this market. I think it's a good tool if you want to start with GDS for a limited set of GTIN codes. But it certainly has several weak-points that will prevent to use SAP GDS for larger companies. I was not impressed by the functionality...

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your reply.

Please could you shed some more light on the weakpoints of SAP GDS, as it will help me to make a decision.

Regards,

Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah

Let me share my experience wt SAP MDM GDS, I working on MDM from SP2. The design of GDS keeps changing for different SPs, so that when we automate the GDS functionality for particular SP will not be accept by next SP release.

Please feel free to revert to me for further clarifications.

thanks

Alexander

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Apart from changes in GDS design, what all kind problems have you faced during the implementation?

Do you have any updates about SP04 GDS?

Thanks,

Shah

felix_loecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

let me introduce myself, I am the program manager responsible for GDS within SAP.

Could you give me a detailed example of what you refering to with regards to fundamental design changes?

We keep on evolving the solution to the changing market needs as well as, to required changes in the GS1 standard and updates from data pools but I fail to see fundamental changes.

In addition I would like to remark that "automating the GDS functionality" as you stated most likely will include modifying the solution in several areas. These specific changes could be lost during updates, yes, though I would say, then not the product is to be blamed.

Kind regards

Felix Loecher

Answers (0)