cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

methods for client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to make copy of PRD client to DEV client while the database size of PRD is 320 GB.

Please tell me methods of above queury and

how much time will be require for completation of job?

system info is :

Window server 2003 64bit.

SAP ECC 6

Oracle 10.2.0.4.

Regards,

diya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are going to copy client in same landscape, you can do local client copy using sccl, before that you need to create client using scc4.

go through following links for detail:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c5b4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/bc049.htm

Regards,

Kiron.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got info regarding my queury....

thx to everyone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you going to create a new client in development or replacing the existing client? Make sure you do not replace the existing development client as you will loose the version management database.

As your database around 300 GB I suggest you use client export / import method.

Make sure you have sufficient freespace on /usr/sap/trans shared folder. Also you need to extend your development database as same as production else your import may fail. The time is depends on you hardware, and the client copy profile you are going to use. Looks like export should be done in 4-5 hrs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply...

Dear sunil,

fyi... last time i exported PRD client(size was 10GB) and import on DEV client 700 and that time it took 8 days.now DEV have 3 clients (200,600,700). user are working on DEV client 600 and i have no need of remaining clients 200 and 700. if i delete both clients 200 and 700 then how much space will be free.

if i replace with a client then how much space will be require and how much space require with newly client.

now i exported PRD client and its size is 12GB and i m trying to import on a Test system but its running from last 10 days... mean its still showing truck sign in STMS.

would you tell me . why this client import is taking too much time?

regards,

diya

Former Member
0 Kudos

For client size refer Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client.

If you are above 6.10 use report RSTABLESIZE

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sunil,

both systems are the part of landscape...

same system info...

SAP Kernel : 700_REL

Kernel Patch number : 146

ORACLE 10.2.0.4...

please tell me which method will be suitable for this activity mean SCC9,, SCC8&SCC7. or system Export and Import.

which method will take less time?

tomorrow, i will c mentioned note.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

12 GB size of your production database? you sure? What is the value in DB02? Or do you mean the client you exported file size is 12 GB? If the client size is more than 400 GB then I recommend you must use the database specific system restore (system copy) procedure.

You should be able to use SCC9 as your client size is small. And it should not take more than 2 hours as per my exprience.

>>i m trying to import on a Test system but its running from last 10 days

Confirm below:

- Have to applied latest TP, R3trans and R3load patches?

- Have you performed the database statistics run on all tablespaces? You can schedule in DB13 or use brtools

- Have you checked the tp log? and the import log at OS level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

DB System ORA

Size: 225.35 GB Total size: 351.56 GB

Free Size:21.22 GB Total free size:147.43 GB

Used: 91 % Total used:58 %

Profile SAP_EXPA

exported files are :

RO00031.PRD 420MB

RT00031.PRD 10.5GB

RX00031.PRD 463MB

total size 11.4GB

Have to applied latest TP, R3trans and R3load patches?

i did not applies any patch yet while patch version are below

r3trans version 6.14 (release 700

r3load version R7.00/V1.4 [UNICODE]

tp version 372.03.35 (release 700, unicode enabled)

if i upgrade kernel patch then above versions will automaticlly upgrade. may i upgrade kernel patch.

Have you performed the database statistics run on all tablespaces? 
You can schedule in DB13 or use brtools

yes

Have you checked the tp log? and the import log at OS level?

sunil...I am moniting the oraarchive folder and only 2 to 3 archive generate in a day. its mean it is running...

while the logs are exist and size still increasing.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm! you should have done the system copy for large database size.

No need to apply whole kernel you can just apply these file individually without any downtime.

You can't have a guess on ora archive logs, you need to check the import logs from OS level. check under /usr/sap/trans/tmp and /usr/sap/trans/logs.

Have you checked your database alert_<SID>.log any errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok...thx for cooperation....

now i m going to perform system copy....

Regards,