cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Setup - Technical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to send/receive data from the third party using SOAP adapter. in our environmnet we follow the SLD setups for third party.

Hence I would like to know what setup needs to be done in the SLD for this.

I think I do not need to create new product and software component.

Specifically when I am trying to create a new technical system the its asking for the system name and host name.

I beleive system name I can give anything . What about the host name ?

Is it the host name of the third party system??

Could some one explain me detail?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below blog. It will help you to configure technical system.

/people/xiaohong.wu/blog/2010/06/03/system-landscape-directory-for-sap-netweaverpart-1

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

H i

What about the host name ?

You can give the IP address or actual host name of the system you are trying to connect. it cannot be any generic name.

As mentioned above for soap based system , generally we use Business Service but yes if you can get all the details you can set up TS for non -ABAP based systems also . Whatever the details the TS wizard asks you to give , you have to get those details from your SOAP system admin .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm

Have a look at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/WorkingwithSystemLandscapeDirectory+%28SLD%29 for basic understanding

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

but in the wiki link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/WorkingwithSystemLandscapeDirectory+%28SLD%29

the host name provided is STARXi , which is the application server of the PI system I beleive.

Could you please confirm me what should be the host name?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dont go with the name ..logically if you give PI host name .. the TS will point to PI but your objective is to create TS for the thirdparty system not PI.

Regards.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to provide the host of your third party system.

Thanks,

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This host name what you give here does not need to be exact match of the third party system's name. For reference we have to follow good naming convention. You can give any valid name.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Skumar,

--> You want to integrate with third party systems,so while creating the Technical system in SLD select the type as third party and follow the wizard process.I think you are selecting the option as WEB AS ABAP while creating the Technical system.

-->Depends on the requirement and customer naming standards if we want to create a separate product and separate software component we can create.But finally the Technical system should be assigned to the product.

NOTE: If you are using SOAP adapter to communicate with the third party systems we can go for Business Service instead of Business System.

Search in SDN or check in SAP Library you will get the diff of technical system,business system and business service.

Thanks

Edited by: pavan kumar on Dec 22, 2010 5:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the info.

I am selecting the the THIRD-PARTY option and also using the wizard. Our system is in PI 7.1.

Also in our landscae we do not use business service.

So in the step 2 itself it asks for the HOST NAme.

Could you please let me know if this host is of the third party?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi skumar

if you are creating a TS for third party the host name should be of third party itself.(ask your 3rd party contact to give u this details).If you dont have there details then give a dummy name , just go ahead and create but you need to associate it with any prod or SWCV. I am not sure why Bservice is not to be used in your landscape if system details are not available.

but if i refer help doc of PI 7.1 , http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/fa/0aad3efa11b300e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Srinivas