cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario SAP>PI> FTP Folder. I would be receiving IDoc's(COSMAS) from SAP to PI, the requirement in PI is to create a single file(CSV) at the end of the day(say 8PM) for all the IDoc that PI has received through out the day.I am just picking 6 feilds from the IDoc to create the CSV file, so the file would have multiple rows based on the number of IDoc triggered from SAP.

I did an analysis, and I landed up with the following options,

1.BPM to collect all the IDoc till 8PM and process it to create a single CSV file. But this would run into performance issues if are collecting 1000's of IDoc.

2.Collecting all IDoc in a FIleSystem and process it as mentioned int the below blog,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

3.Use IDoc Packing to reduce the load on PI to store the IDoc till 8PM, solution as mentioned in the below blog

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Could you please suggest me which option would best suite the requirement.As we need to get this integration certified i by SAP ICC we need analyse in those lines too.

Thanks,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use PI 7.11 or PI 7.01, you should process all IDocs from R/3 at once on 8 pm, maybe in parts of 1000 IDocs each.

Use IDoc packaging and create the file in append mode to gather all parts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

Is there any a suggestion for a solution which is PI Version independent? The reason, this integration would be implemented for different customers where the customer might have different versions of PI.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

go for Collecting all IDoc in a FIleSystem method........in this method just take the IDOC size into consideration while determining the number of IDOCs in a single file.......

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r using PI7.1EHP1, then u can use idoc packaging in sender IDOC adapter to collect IDOCs.......but if u r using PI7.0 without EHP1, then go for file system method........in this method just take the IDOC size into consideration while determining the number of IDOCs in a single file.......