Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open view in an external window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the scenario:

In my WD i have a initial view with a selection criteria for search documents (like POWL) when you select one and push the button 'Display' I start a navigation to another view to display the details...

Now the client wants to change that. When the user push the button 'Display' a new external window must be opened.

With the method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW of the class IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER i need an URL that i haven't for call this view.

Then, is necessary to create a new Webdynpro Application in my component in order to do it? Or is there any other way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

>

> This is the scenario:

>

> In my WD i have a initial view with a selection criteria for search documents (like POWL) when you select one and push the button 'Display' I start a navigation to another view to display the details...

>

> Now the client wants to change that. When the user push the button 'Display' a new external window must be opened.

>

> With the method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW of the class IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER i need an URL that i haven't for call this view.

>

> Then, is necessary to create a new Webdynpro Application in my component in order to do it? Or is there any other way to do it?

>

> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Should it be absolutely a external window ?

You can use a create_window method of the IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER to show it on a popup window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

I know that. but, yes, should be an external window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means that it is going to run on its own session(display application). It better to create a separate reusable component and create a application.

Use CONSTRUCT_WD_URL method of the CL_WD_UTILITIES to build the application url to use for external_window

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Dec 22, 2010 1:15 PM