cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract update with reference to an order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to find a way to update the contract value released (AWERT field in RV45A structure) when an additional order is created with reference to an existing one.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Papadakis on Dec 22, 2010 12:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Is your flow:

1 - Create Contract A

2 - Create Order 1

3 - Create Order 2 with reference to Order 1 which was in reference to Contract A

Best regards,

Glynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.

I 'm creating an order with reference to an order (which is referenced to a contract),

I was thinking of using the 'item selection' in the reference procedure (in VA01).

but is not updating the contract released value.

any ideas?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in t.code VTAA. Select the source and destination document as sales order. Then go to the item level details. Select value as X or 2, in the field Update document flow, then save.

Create a new contract -> release order(standard order). Then create a new order with reference to the previously created sales order and check the values in the contract.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

That will permit the doc flow to be seen from the contract. So you will be able to see the subsequent order created to the original call off order.

But I dont think that will automatically consume a quantity/value from a quantity/value contract for the subsequent order created from the call off order.

A suggestion would be to use a data transfer routine or copy control requirement at item level of the Order to Order Copy control rules in VTAA.

Best regards,

Glynn

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might be correct.To be honest, when I respond, I did not do any testing. Then I gone through some SAP materials later. I got the same impression that you have mentioned. I assume by having correct codings in copying requirements at item level and/or data transfer routine in t.code VTAA, the contract can be updated.

Thanks for the suggestion.