cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to move the Webdispatcher to DMZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our customer wanted to move the Webdispatcher to DMZ. Currently, it is inside the network ( I am not sure why they have installed on the local ip.) If any body did this before. Please let me know. What all the changes I need to do.

Thanks in advance

Sundaresh Suryanarayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the webdispatcher is currently running in the internal network, I assume that it is being used by internal users, correct?

If your customer wants to have the webdispatcher running in the DMZ, I assume that some business partner is going to have access to the system, or that users from your organization need to have access to the system via the internet, correct?

You can install a new webdispatcher in the DMZ, test if everything works fine and turn off the internal webdispatcher, or you can also use an webdispatcher in the DMZ for external traffic and an internal webdispatcher for internal traffic.

Please tell us what the customer wants to achieve with this, so we can give better advice.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will have to ensure that the firewall that sits between the Internet and the Web Dispatcher permits the traffic to flow to the web port that the Web Dispatcher will listen. You will also have to ensure that the firewall that lies between the DMZ and your internal network permit the Web Dispatcher to communicate with the Message Server HTTP port and also the backend ports for the Web Services (ICM and/or Java dispatchers).

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundaresh,

The SAP webdispatcher is independent software from the SAP NetWeaver server.

Therefore you could just copy the directory to a different host and start it from there.

The only thing you might need to reconfigure is the hostname of the message server and this is just in case you were using localhsot before.

Regards,

Ventsi