cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I combine profiles for different document types ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we work with SAP basis 6.40 and we have several different documents set up in DMS. We want to allow users to see only selected app. files depending on the document type. Let me set an example:

DOKAR = ZDT only .pdf (profile name DMS_ZDT)

DOKAR = ZCS only .doc and .xls (profile name DMS_ZCS)

We created 2 profiles and assigned them to 2 roles.

The user with both roles who enter in the CV03N will see only .pdf files regardless of the DOKAR.

Is there some way to obtain a different filter based on the document type ?

Thank you,

Vincenzo Lucarelli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lucarelli,

based on your description I think the responsible function module is 'CV119_GET_USER_PROFILE'.

Due to information from our development team it is recommended to assign only one role to one user or profile. For further information you an see also the Online documentation. Due to this fact that function module only keep in mind one profile and does not take into account the second one.

Please consider following scenario as an example:

User 1 -> Role A -> Profile A

-> Role B -> Profile B

"User 1" will not be able to use all the profiles.

This is according to the logic in FM CV119_GET_USER_PROFILE.

As per the documentation in the customizing of DMS for profiles there is a recommendation that recommends to assign only one role to a user or activity group. So I think that the single profiles should be assigned directly to the user and not by using a role.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please tell me where to set up the authorization group with the applications ?

Thank you,

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regardless DOKAR you can do it by authorization group BEGRU. You have to use different authorization group for different application. since it's not feasible in roles to restrict based on application.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra