cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configtool Error"The application requester cannot establish the connection"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect to configtool in AS400,but its failing with error "The application requester cannot establish the connection"

below is the log of the error

#1.5 # #1293004724809#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[setResourceBundleName(String resourceBundleName)]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_IS_CHANGED[C0000A305666000000000000018FB1F70003D67C779CD2B8]##The for the has been changed from to )!#5#resource bundle name#LogController#com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS#<null>#com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFSResources# #1.5 # #1293004724811#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[setResourceBundleName(String resourceBundleName)]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_IS_CHANGED[C0000A305666000000000000018FB1F70003D67C779CD2B8]##The for the has been changed from to )!#5#resource bundle name#LogController#/System/Security/SecStoreFS#<null>#com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFSResources# #1.5 # #1293004736946#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.core.configuration#Plain###OpenSQLDataSource successfully created with secure store.# #1.5 # #1293004740283#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[setResourceBundleName(String resourceBundleName)]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_IS_CHANGED[C0000A305666000000000000018FB1F70003D67C779CD2B8]##The for the has been changed from to )!#5#resource bundle name#LogController#/System/Database/sql/jdbc#<null>#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle# #1.5 # #1293004740328#/System/Database/sql/jdbc##com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory#Java#com.sap.sql_0002#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#SQL error occurred on connection : code={0,number,integer}, state="", message="".#5#-99999#08001#The application requester cannot establish the connection. (<Hostname>)#jdbc:as400://<hostname/SAPUBSDB;transaction isolation=read uncommitted;data truncation=true;date format=jis;time format=jis;sort=hex;hold input locators=true;hold statements=true;cursor hold=false;true autocommit=true#<null>#

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

regards!!

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue is resolved, I have to maintain the remote hostname in the hostfile for the windows machine from where I am running the configtool.

Now I am connected to Configtool.

Thanks for your help.

Regards!!

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Hostname is actually "MS host" I have replaced it with "hostname" in the forum.

Regards!!

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can append ";trace=true" to the URL properties of the jdbc/pool/<sid>_REMOTE/Url. In the command window of your PC where configtool.bat ist started you should get a better idea what exception is thrown. To keep this information you can start configtool.bat explicitly from a command window instead of double clicking from an explorer window.

There are more detailed traces possible, but I would try this basic one, first.

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RC

I had the same issue, the issue is becouse you should perform JVM settings, I solved my issue with CONFIGJVM tool.

More info:

Note 1262494 - IBM i: CONFIGJVM tool to check/modify JVM settings

regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Yes my DB is up.Is there any table where SAPUBDDB is stored at database level where its locked?

I have reset the password at OS level and configtool.but still its not working.

regards!!

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi

>> The application requester cannot establish the connection. (<Hostname>)#jdbc:as400://<hostname/SAPUBSDB;transaction isolation=read

Did you copy and paste this? Then your secure store settings are not correct. hostname needs to be qualified. You can change secure store entries within the configtool.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

See below error: Is your DB up?

SQL error occurred on connection : code={0,number,integer}, state="", message="".#5#-99999#08001#The application requester cannot establish the connection. (<Hostname>)#jdbc:as400://<hostname/SAPUBSDB