cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing a File to IDOC scenario. where the file will be coming in to XI application server. XI will pick up the file and convert it into IDOC format and will push the IDOC into backend SAP.

Now I have done all the message mapping , configuration - RD, ID , RA . Now, when I drop the file into inbound folder , I see an error in comm channel monitoring says 'No sender agreement found' . I havent defined sender agreement , do I need to ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to create sender agreement and assign the sender channel (FTP) to it for picking the file.

Bottom line, you will need sender agreement and sender channels for all the adapters that doesn't reside in the ABAP stack. HTTP and IDOC doesn't need sender channel and agreement since they reside in the ABAP stack.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since, you have a defined third party sender from which the file is coming from, it is necessary to have a sender agreement.

If the sender is a Idoc, in that case, you would not require a sender / sender agreement.

Please include the sender agreement and run the interface.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ofcourse you have to defined sender agreement. This agreement will contain your Sender file adapter.

It is necessary because how PI will understand what is the Sender and what data Sender contain.

Your end to end scenario will be as follows

File will be picked by PI/XI with help of sender agreement, sender adapter will understand the data inside file, File to IDOC Mapping will be used from Interface determination, finally data is send to receiver agreement, which contains receiver agreement.

hope it helps

Regards,

Shradha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I havent defined sender agreement , do I need to ?

Yes, You need to define sender agreement for sure. The scenario here is file to Idoc. if your scenario is idoc to file then you dont need to create sender agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for sender the file adapter you can create it with party==>Service==> Business Service.

for receiver IDOC adapter you can create it with service without party==> Business system==> R/2 system (which you have defined in SLD)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to define sender agreement for Sender File adapter.

If your Idoc is sender than you are not required to define sender agreement.