Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kind attn: SD Forum Moderators

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SD Forum Moderators,

Greetings of the day.

I would like to start by mentioning that I am not against any particular person & please don't misunderstand me. My only intention is to keep SAP SD forum clean & free of repeated Threads.

I would like to take your attention to the following threads:

Here the person has posted a very basic SD question at 10:22 am, he got two replies (which are exactly same) from a single forum member within 10 minutes & the person who had raised created the Thread awarded points & closed the same.

My humble request here is that can we delete such threads from the Forum & take back the points awarded?

Here even after giving very detailed explanation, the person is not interested in trying something on his own & asking for spoon feeding.

Also, the person has created two SCN logons & generally send email for forum members asking for mobile numbers to ask questions in future. Ca we initiate action against such persons?

I once again state that I am not against someone.

Awaiting for replies,

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Jignesh

While I appreciate your efforts to keep the forum clean, as a Moderator of sales forum, I am also keeping an eye continuously and taking action wherever it is necessary.

In fact, in the said thread also, I took immediate action and just check now.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your prompt action.

Yes I know you are keeping eye on the Forum continuously apart from doing you normal duty at your Organization, many times you have sacrificed your personal & family life to monitor the forum.

I would like to volunteer myself if I can be of any help to SCN Forums. Can I contribute to the forum (other than replying to the questions) as a Moderator or in any other manner?

Waiting for your views on this...

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Also let me request you kindly don't call me "Mr. Jignesh" or else even I will have to start calling you Lakshmipathi Sir.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can I contribute to the forum as a Moderator

I cannot decide this. There is a separate team for this who monitors regularly every individuals' contribution. Apart from this, they have certain criteria and limiations, based on which, they can approach the respective member.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignish! Most of our topic areas reach out to external moderators only at the behest of the product management or when a forum is severely lacking strong guidance.

If everyone became a moderator who would be our strongest and most active contributors?

Moderation isn't so much a privledge as a heavy responsiblity.

If such additional external resources are necessary I would recommend engaging with the SAP Topic owners to ascertain the needs.