Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Gui for java, parameterised applet, web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we like to implement following scenario:

Web DynPro as an IView in an ep Portal and, on demand, an parameterised call of the sap gui as applet.

I have many question marks on this topic, one is the question if it is possible to parameterise the applet. This is essential to jump directly to the required transaction, i.e. with an invoice number.

The goal is following:

Doing something in the web dynpro application, jumping (with out log on) to the required transaction (applet), i.e. with an invoice number, doing something, jumping back to the web dynpro and so on. We need the applet because it's to costly to reproduce complex sap dynpros.

May be someone can give me some links to glean this topic.

Thank you very much for your trouble.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

When invoking the Java applet, you don't have to invoke from a JSP/Servlet. You can invoke it from a HTML just like what you described. In that case your outbound plug from your Web Dynpro app will be pointing to the URL of that html. To pass params to the html, you can just pass it as http parameters on the url. Then you can pass in these parameters to initialize the applet.

For what parameters you can pass to the applet you will have to check what params the applet will accept, I don't have many info on it.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

If I understand correctly, the flow of your scenario will be Web Dynpro -> Java Applet -> Web Dynpro. If so, maybe you can do it as follows? You can create an outbound plug from the Web Dynpro application to a Servlet/JSP. In your Servlet/JSP you can invoke the Applet you want there. You can pass in your parameters to the servlet/jsp as http parameters and have the servlet/jsp pass along the values to the corresponding applet. When the servlet destroy, you can redirect it back to the Web Dynpro app. Will that help in your case?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

thank you for your contribution.

That sounds interessting and that sounds as if it works in theory. That’s the first point we have to clarify, that it works in theory.

> If I understand correctly, the flow of your scenario will be Web Dynpro -> Java Applet -> Web Dynpro. [Yes.]

> You can create an outbound plug from the Web Dynpro application to a Servlet/JSP. [Ok]

> In your Servlet/JSP you can invoke the Applet you want there. [So far I started the applet with the demo.htm, I’m not quite sure how to invoke the applet with java?]

> You can pass in your parameters to the servlet/jsp as http parameters and have the servlet/jsp pass along the values to the corresponding applet.

[this sounds really interesting. This is the point where we need further detailed information. Where can I refer to this parameterising? Unfortunately we don’t habe experience in this special topic, so we need to know: Wich parameter are possible? How to do? May be you know a little tutorial ?]

When the servlet destroy, you can redirect it back to the Web Dynpro app. Will that help in your case? [I hope, as mentioned, because it sounds promising]

Do you know the mechanism of the logOn procedure? Do I have to logon every time I want to access SAPGUI for the Java Environment?

Excuse my ignorance, but this is really a cutting-edge topic, so I don’t know which sources to refer.

Thanks for answers

Regards,

Oliver