cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer alternate sequences to SNP PDS with alternate modes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using alternate sequences in routing. Can you tell me how to transfer alternate sequences to alternate modes in SNP PDS.

Only one mode per activity is created when we transfer SNP PDS, however we could transfer PP/DS PDS with alternate modes.

We don't want to use resource classification in ECC.

Thanks,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andrew,

SNP doesnot support alternative modes. it is only supported in PPDS. SNP PDS supports secondary resource which can be used to constrain the available capacity of the primary resource with some other dependent resource.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From an integration point of view there are basically two ways to create alternative modes in APO, these are resource classification and alternative sequences.

Alternative sequences in the routing are transferred as alternative modes. The prerequisite is that the number of operations is the same in each alternative sequence u2013 if necessary, dummy operations have to be included. As described in note 357178, for the PDS it is however required to implement the BAdI CHANGE_EWB_STRUCTURES. For the PPM the user exit CIFPPM01 has to be implemented (see note 217210).

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

The number of operations in each alternate sequence is the same. I could transfer PP/DS PDS with alternate modes, but not SNP PDSs.

I also came across with a different note 507025 for PP/DS PDS transfer with alternate sequences. I wonder which one is relevant to SNP PDS - 507025 or 357178.

Thanks,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew3,

PPDS PDS allows alternate resource or sequence but

SNP PDS does not support Alternate resource/sequence.

For example: in ECC one routing has one primary workcenter, and if u define two alternate work center/sequence to the prime work center, the same can be cifed to APO as one PPDS PDS where as for SNP there will be three PDS.This is SAP APO SNP standard behaviour. Though you achieve the required by doing some enhancement, SNP optimizer will not support the same.

Thanks

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Thanks for your reply. I have two alternate sequences tied to primary work center, but only one SNP PDS is created, but I could transfer PP/DS PDS with 3 alternate modes. We applied a note to make this work in PP/DS.

If it is a standard behaviour, where am I going wrong?

Also what do you mean by saying - "Though you achieve the required by doing some enhancement"? Would you please provide more details.

Thanks,

Andy