cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple levels of follow-on documents

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to have a scenario where an RFI (Bid Invitation type Request for Information) to have multiple follow-on documents of Bid Invitation type again

i.e.

The user should be able convert an RFI-bid to either an RFP or an RFQ or an Auction [apart from ofcourse, the regular P.O. or contract].

But in the 'Process Bid Invitation' screen there is only one 'Convert to Bid-Invitation' button, and does not give an option of selecting the next bid-invitation type.

How do I handle this?

I have tried putting in the transaction types of RFQ, RFP and Auction in the follow-on document type list of RFI, but as you see the button does not let me select one of these types and it by default converts it to RFP type.

Any help will be appreciated. And I am new to the SRM domain, so please be fair with the criticism :-).

Thanks in advance,

Waheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Waheed,

It is available in SRM50.

Bid Invitation as Follow-On Document of Other Bid Invitation

(New)

As of SRM 5.0, you can create a follow-on bid invitation for a bid invitation that resulted in unacceptable

bids.

If you create a follow-on bid invitation, the system closes the original bid invitation, and creates a new

bid invitation. You can always use the history to view the other document.

You can only create a follow-on bid invitation if the original bid invitation was published and there are no

follow-on documents (for example, purchase orders) for bids submitted in the original bid invitation.

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the prompt response. This forum works

I did read about SRM50 allowing conversion of Bid Invitation to another Bid-invitation.

The exact requirement is like this -

RFI, RFQ and RFP are 3 documents of type Bid Invitation.

Step 1 - I create a Bid Invitation of type of RFI (follow-on document types RFQ and RFP)

Step 2 - Vendor responds to it with some information

Step 3 - Based on the response I want to convert this to another bid invitation type - either RFP or RFQ (depending on the response). Now at this stage the Bid invitation screen has a button - Create a followon Bid Invitation -. I cannot chose the type I want RFQ or RFP. <b>[Issue # 01].</b>

Step 4 - I manage to create an RFP out of it. As soon as I publish it it gets closed! I cannot do anything after this. <b>[Issue #02].</b> But I want to use this RFP invitation to be sent to the vendor and based on his response convert it to RFQ again!! and then finally close this by converting it to P.O..

In a nutshell.. can I have a process

RFI -> RFP -> RFQ -> (P.O. or Contract)?

where RFI, RFP and RFQ are all bid invitation types?

And sorry for the verbose message

Thanks in advance,

Waheed

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Waheed,

I have not tested but how about implementing the BADI BBP_BID_DET_PROCTYPE ?

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Thanks for the response.

The Business Add-In BBP_BID_DET_PROCTYPE determines the transaction type of bid invitations in the process for <b>requesting external staff or services only.</b>

Not really helpful in our case.

Regards,

Waheed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Waheed,

We have the same issue. How did you solved this???

Thanks a lot,

Luciana