cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Rows for a Table in VC 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could able to delete the rows of a table some times and some times it is not clearing

I have a button with different actions and one of the action is to clear the delete the rows of a table.

some times it is working some times it is not.

I am trying to get different values and populate in the table.

Also after deleting the rows, the table is populated with old values when the other action is performed

please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the following workaround:

Add the DataStore Connector to the Storyboard (from the Compose Task Panel)

Add to this connector two fields from type Boolean (BOOL1 and BOOL2 - for example) with the Default Values - True and False accordingly

Create the Union operator for the first two DataServices and define the output table (for example - Union1)

Create another Union Operator for the second two DataServices and define another output table (name it also - Union1)

In the input table of the first DataService insert additional action for the button that fires event to get the data:

Assign Action:

From - none

Value - true

To - Data Store

Target Field - BOOL1

In the input table of the third DataService insert additional action for the button that fires event to get the data:

Assign Action:

From - none

Value - true

To - Data Store

Target Field - BOOL2

Insert the Visibility Condition for the first Union1 Table:

=store@BOOL1

Insert the Visibility Condition for the second Union1 Table:

=store@BOOL2

Add the button to the Toolabr of the first Union1 Table:

Assign Action:

From - none

Value - false

To - Data Store

Target Field - BOOL1

Add the button to the Toolabr of the second Union1 Table:

Assign Action:

From - none

Value - false

To - Data Store

Target Field - BOOL2

Hope it will be helpful

Best Regards,

Luba

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any thoughts

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using RFC BAPI and what to clear a table Clear Function in my guessing will not work. The Clear Function is not calling the BAPI it is only clearing the display table. You will need to create a custom Action say "REMOVE" and when you highlight the Rows that you want to delete the values will be passed to the BAPI through the mapping of the fields to the BAPI table. This way you are making sure the data is getting deleted from the database table and not just the display table in VC.Also then create a follow up command DELETE after clear so that the users will not see the row when they click to button.

Action Sequence (For Selected Rows)

1. REMOVE

2. DELETE

3. SAVE

Also display the message from the BAPI FM so if a line does not get deleted you will know why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Luba.

My Union Operator is giving the problem not table. Table is working fine.

I used "switch operator" and solved - this is a workaround..

Each port in switch will take an action and the data will be displayed in a single table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First, the clear action, by definition, is clearing only the selected row.

Also can you please describe the detailed scenario that you want to execute.

Regarding the second issue, if the action that performed is executing the Data Source query, then the output table is filled again with the values that coming from the query execution

Best Regards,

Luba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luba

Yes you are correct, for me clearing a row will not work.

I have to delete the entire table rows and append with new data

I have 2 or more data sources (RFC/Services) and I am trying to merge the data sources using Union operator at the end.

and feeding the union to a table.

FIrst i will do some action to select service1 and service2, I am going to trigger different datasources to get data and merge.

second time, I will take service3 and service4 and merge and show the data in same table but, the data that is there already is not getting deleted.

how can we delete the previous rows and append with new data from different combinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one have the same problem clear/delete rows of a table when it is dragged from a RFC or web service output?

is it a known bug? in CE 7.2