cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Cache Lock when Oracle reorganize a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Today I am reorganizing a table with the brtools, but this process was on the Library Cache Lock event for more of 6 hours. So I would like to know how is the best way to resolve this issue without killing the session.

I hope anybody can help me.

Thank in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A "library cache lock" wait indicates that another DDL operation was active at that time. You may use Locks_BlockingLocksInHistory.txt of SAP Note 1438410 in order to understand the lock dependency at that time. I have seen in the past that a VALIDATE STRUCTURE was running on the same table that was currently reorganized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thanks for your answer.

I have executed this script in my database, but this return 0 rows.

Apparently there isn´t other session that blocks the reorganize table. In addition, this process was executed all night and remains in the same event with the same number of SEQ# still.

I think my session hangs herself, and I don´t understand why, because I had executed the same process at the same table two weeks ago and it works fine.

I see as solution, cancel the session manually, what do you think? If I did this, then I will be able to clean up this process?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I was not precise enough. Of course you have to customize the BASIS_INFO section of the script before you execute it:

Replace 'cm0vt9413d76w' with '%' and specify a proper small time frame (e.g. 3 minutes) in BEGIN_DATE and END_DATE. Furthermore change DATA_SOURCE from 'CURRENT' to 'AWR'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have confirmed my hypothesis, the process ran fine yesterday.

Apparently my toad´s session was blocking the reorganize process.

Thanks.