cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTP Questions Regarding Use and Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the correct Forum to post to; if it is not, my apoligies and please point me to the correct one.

I am new to the use of LTP; can anyone tell me the critical touchpoints that it uses? Some specific questions would be:

1. When it runs, does it consider and build to Safety Stock and if so, is there a way to prevent that from happening?

2. Is there anyway for it to generate requirements where at the close of the month inventory will be 0?

3. Is there anyway to strip out production requirements used in sub-process; i.e Product A(sub-process) is manufactured and goes into Product B?

Edited by: msupchn on Dec 22, 2010 2:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

There is and considerable amount of content within the suggested threads and links and in reviewing them, I am not sure which parts answer my specific questions. Are there specifics you can point me to?

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Refer to Mr. Mangalraj's excellent inputs in this thread

Regards

MFH

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the steps for LTP Process

Create a Planning Scenario u2013 MS31

Configuration setting for the planned order for the created Planning Scenario u2013 OPU5

Create PIR in an inactive version u2013 MD 61.

After entering your requirement uncheck active version check box.

Assign the planning requirement to planning scenario u2013 MS32

Ensure the planning file entries u2013 MS21

Planning Run u2013 MS02 or MS01 (Similar to regular MRP run)

Check the Planned orders in Stock / Requirement list u2013 MS04

LTP u2013 Vendor Analysis - use MCEA

LTP u2013 Material Group Analysis u2013 use MCEB

LTP u2013 Material Analysis u2013 use MCEC

As you are new to this, It's worth referring the below link for clear understanding of LTP (even if it takes more time) and use the above transactions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/bf027b44bd11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Merci

MFH