Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security validation on Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm about to build a reference system (target system) for Security configuration validation on Solution Manager and save as a template.

i need to protect then the template from modification by other users.

As I do not have access to ST01 on Solman, can you please advise which authorization object(s) can be used to protect the newly created template from changes?

thanks,

Slawomir

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slawomir,

I recommend you go through the below SAP Notes:

Note 603336 - Restrictions for creation and use of templates

Note 592488 - Restrictions for creation and use of templates

Rgds,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Dec 21, 2010 10:59 PM

0 Kudos

Those notes are completely unrelated to the question...

ST01 will not help much here either at first because the WDA applications are started via the message server and more often than not will land on an instance which differs from your own. Also, you can use "personalization keys" within the workcenters to make user and role related functions visible.

Make sure you are on the correct server instance after starting the workcenter and that no personalizations are murking the water, then keep an eye out for auth object AI_DIAGAPP which controls the UI's for the workcenter E2E diagnostics applications.

If you are using a reference template, then this is a file which represents the reference system and not a "real" system - so you can also use S_DATASET if your authorization concept supports it, to prevent writing to the file from this program context. Without granular SU24 maintenance, you have little chance of achieving this "in the wild"...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for correcting Julius. I thought it is related to the templates and hence provided these notes.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Security configuration validation on Solution Manager is a diagnostic tool.

It is similar to the Security Optimization Self-Services but on steriods. Very cool and worth looking into!

Cheers,

Julius