cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS Note 1535966 - a Smartforms question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to manually apply the parts of the OSS note 1535966 in our system since our connection to SAProuter (SNOTE) isn't working right now. This is 1099 related <removed by moderator>.

I have inspected the note, which discusses minor structure and code changes and uploading form XMLs through the SMARTFORM transaction. My question is in uploading the FORMS.

The note mentions FORMs that I've downloaded and unzipped. But it also mentions doing so within package ID-FI-US. How do I upload them properly? Through SMARTFORMS trx, or through SE80, where I can specifiy the package ID-FI-US? Looking at these current forms in SMARTFORMS trx, they do not appear to be part of package ID-FI-US, but rather ID-FI-WT.

snippet from the Note:

3. For form output; kindly upload and activate the forms to the package 'ID-FI-US'. The form can be uploaded using the transaction 'SMARTFORMS'. The attached zip file Forms.zip contains the following forms.

a) 1042 - IDWTCERT_US_1042S.XML & IDWTCERT_US_1042S1.XML

b) 1099MISC - IDWTCERT_US_1099MISC.XML & IDWTCERT_US_1099MISC1.XML

c) 1099G - IDWTCERT_US_1099G.XML

d) 1099INT - IDWTCERT_US_1099.XML

Can someone help explain how to upload these forms manually? Again, right now, SNOTE isn't an option for us.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Dec 21, 2010 5:03 PM - priority normalised.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please tell what name you are giving while creating a smartform.

I need to implement this note,but I am cluelss on this process of creating smartforms using XML files.

Could you please give me some steps to do this.

Your help will be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure,

In the zip file that you get from the note, there are various XML files named according to what you should either CREATE new or UPDATE (upload) into the existing form of the same name.

1) Go to transaction SMARTFORMS and use display to see if the FORMS as named in the zip file exist in your system,

2) If they do, while still in DISPLAY use the Download form option under the Utilities(M) menu option. (this creates a backup).

3) then in CHANGE MODE for that FORM in SMARTFORMS, use the Upload form option under the Utilities(M) menu option and upload the form from the ZIP files from the note.

4) if the FORM does NOT exist, use the CREATE button and create it. Name it the same as the ZIP file name and once in the new form follow the UPLOAD just like step 3.

5) With CREATES, when you save the form, save it to package ID-FI-US (at the prompt).

6) Changes and creates will create a transport, of course, when you save and activate.

7) In ours, some of the FORMS that I updated were not in the package ID-FI-US. According to the note, they all need to be. Use transaction SE03 to bring up things in the package that you want to change FROM (see instructions on this earlier in this thread).

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quite Useful Reply. Thank you jeremy !

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I see what you mean in changing the existing FORMs to a different package in SE03. However, there are 2 forms that apparently don't exist at all, because SMARTFORMS can't find them. In my attempt to create and then upload them, it says I must do this within a project.

"[Object can only be created in SAP package]"

How do I assign the new ones to the project ID-FI-US? Is this also in SE03?

Thank you!

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Just a followup to my own question. I found that uploading a new smartform using CREATE in transaction SMARTFORMS and saving it actually forced me to enter it into a package, which worked well.

I currently am working on one of the objects in the ZIP folder FORMS in that note which appears to be a SMARTSTYLE and can be changed in SMARTFORMS under radio button STYLE.

I'm still working my way through this note. Thanks for the help so far. I'll close this thread when I'm done.

Thanks

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Final update on the issue with Uploading Smartforms. The note mentions an XML that apparently is mis-named; 1099INT - IDWTCERT_US_1099.XML

This XML is in the ZIP package with the name: idwtcert_us_1099int

Once I used that name, it appears to upload properly. I've moved on to the next steps of the note.

Thanks all for your help

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeremy,

Your solution is Get into the T Code SMARTFORMS, Give the form name and go with the change mode, then goto

Utilities --> Upload

Here you upload the XML file. And then activate

To change the PACKAGE goto SE03 Under Object Directory double click on first pencil button

here provide your current package and execute. Here you will see all the object under the package. Double click on

your object and change the package to ID-FI-US.

Let me know how it worked.

Thanks

Ravi.