cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the current step ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm developping a GAF-based WD app. (in which UIBBs are form in the FPM sense) and I can't find a way to know the current step ID at runtime. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I need to know the step ID because the properties of my form fields (should) change depending on the step

Edited by: Mathieu Scialom on Dec 21, 2010 4:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The interface if_fpm_gaf has several methods and one them is GET_CURRENT_STATE( )

see FPM_GAF_BOOK_FLIGHT component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

How can I have access to the instance of the GAF component (implementing this interface) from within my form feeder class?

I guess I have to use a specific app controller by implementing the IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT interface in my WD component (as described in the FPM developer guide for ABAP) but then I don't know how to pass the step ID to my form feeder class.

Or maybe is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for your reply.

>

> How can I have access to the instance of the GAF component (implementing this interface) from within my form feeder class?

>

> I guess I have to use a specific app controller by implementing the IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT interface in my WD component (as described in the FPM developer guide for ABAP) but then I don't know how to pass the step ID to my form feeder class.

> Or maybe is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Hallo Mathieu,

You need to have the AppCC approach. Probably one of the way to pass the information is to create Singleton pattern class and pass state information.

Access the Singleton class in your Feeder class to go around with state information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tank you very much! It is a bit painfull to do all of this only to get step ID, but it works!

Edited by: Mathieu Scialom on Dec 22, 2010 2:28 PM

Answers (0)