cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Tax Code for Country / Product Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wonder if anyone can help with this one.

All my tax code determination currently has entries similar to the following in customising:

I Domestic GB 511AA RQ5CLNT300 V2

I Domestic GB 511AB RQ5CLNT300 V9

I Domestic GB 511AD RQ5CLNT300 V9

I now need to add entries for other countries that we procure from, ie the US.

I've entered information similar to the above, ie as follows, but this still doesn't seem to work and I get the message "Unable to determine tax code"

A International US 511AB RQ5CLNT300 V9

We are not using TTE.

Has anyone got any ideas on this one ?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked the vendor is assigned to the relevant tax code...

Regards

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where would I check for this ?

I can't see it anywhere in the business partner screens within SRM, so I presume it's on the master record in the backend.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked the mapping tax code of FI system (R3) is created for the country US..?

I assume that your tax calculation happens in R3.

Regards

Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just thought I'd let you know that I've sorted it.

Basically I managed to overcome this issue by maintaining the following value within customising.

A International GB V3

If the vendor is 'international', the code will default to V3. This will be used for EU countries.

This is a short term workaround until we implement BAdI BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI. This will then cater for domestic (GB) and international vendors, both EU and non-EU.

Regards

Keith

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Have you implemented BADI for tax code determination for EU countries?

We are with R/3 tax clculation and need to implement tax detemination for EU CCodes.

SAP is only supporting for Doemstic and International suppliey category but not EU. How you managed to get this third category EU? in backend or SRM?

Please share your experience.

Regards,

Rahul Mandale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Thought the following extract from the SSP config guide may be useful for you :

SAP Transaction Tax Engine [External] (TTE)

If you use SAP Supplier Self-Services or need to calculate taxes for several countries, you have to use SAP Transaction Tax Engine which is part of IPC.

If more than one country is involved and each country has its own tax code, it will not be possible for Enterprise Buyer to connect directly to an external tax system.

For example, if both US tax and European tax are needed, you have to use TTE or R/3 for tax calculation.

Define the systems in the Implementation Guide (IMG):

Supplier Relationship Management → SRM Server → Cross-Application Basic Settings → Tax Calculation → Determine System for Tax Calculation.