Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loss pop-up when WD application is closed via IE "close"

HelenK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

We have an ABAP WD application (not in portal and without floor plan manager) in which user can change certain data.

When user closes the application window via a Internet Explorer "close" we would like to issue a data loss pop-up. Is there something in WD itslef which allows to do it (configure it etc)? Is there some sample code for it?

We are not using portal and are not using FPM.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Component Controller --> Method WDDOEXIT

IF REASON = 'T' OR " Timeout

REASON = 'U'. " Closed Window (Browser Unload)

ENDIF.

HelenK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your hint, but is there a way not to close the window once WDDOEXIT is started, i.e. if we issue a data loss pop-up and user decides to cancel the "close"?

Regards,

Helen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is really nothing you can do within the web dynpro framework alone to stop the close of the window. The WDDOEXIT event will fire, but only on the server side. You can't change the rendering or navigate, as the browser is already closed. SAP provides the NetWeaver Portal or the NetWeaver Business Client for overall monitoring of the Work Protect Mode of the application. This is where we build such hooks and any APIs for work protect in Web Dynpro require either of these two higher level frameworks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear experts!

> We have an ABAP WD application (not in portal and without floor plan manager) in which user can change certain data.

> When user closes the application window via a Internet Explorer "close" we would like to issue a data loss pop-up. Is there something in WD itslef which allows to do it (configure it etc)? Is there some sample code for it?

> We are not using portal and are not using FPM.

> Thank you!

Hallo,

i am thinking of WDPROTECTEDAPPLICATION application parameter. I have not done this one .