cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformations in Datamanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one query regarding transformations usage.

I have vendor field in that following same vendor has different name.

Kiran Exports

Kiran Impex

Kiran Ltd.

Kiran Ltd

I have created transformation for this field and in token I have removed the fields like Exports, Impex, Ltd. & Ltd.

I have also run the transformation successfully . The score is 100. I have used function" Equals" in the rules.

But what next ??

I want the fields to show only name as "Kiran".

Please let me know how it is possible

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi & Priti.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In DM, Transformation are only used when you want to find duplicates. Based on the scaore if you find the records duplicate, you can merge the records and select the right value.

The data actually does not change by using Transformations.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Ok so transformations can be done only to find out duplicate & merge them.

But in my scenario I need to download the data and update the value to " Kiran" in excel.

But when I go to download the data to excel after running transformation it is not allowing me to download.

Is there any reason.

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: KiranCG on Dec 21, 2010 3:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

As rightly explained by Priti transformations only removes the char virtually for performing the comparison as defined in rules, it will not modify the field values to Kiran.

Transformations, rules and Matching strategies are defined in the Matching mode within MDM. And exporting the records to excel from MDM works in the record mode. So you have to go back to record mode and try exporting the records, it will work but you will not see the transformed values.

If the requirement is to replcae the values in the field to show only Kiran(in your example) you need to apply replace operator in the import manager before importing the records. You can also do this as part of ETL when loading the data in MDM.

Hope this helps-Ravi

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

It would be easier to do it in Import Manager, as already mentioned by Ravi.

But if you want the changes to be done in Data Manager and there are many records which need change.. you can go for a simple Assignment and get the values replaced. But yes this would require you to select the records and execute it manually.

Thanks,

Priti