Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOMATION OF SYNDICATION

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I tried following the below steps for automatic syndication but I was stucked in the destination properties which I am not able to add the map. All I have were as follows: (MDM 7.1.3.44)

New

Open

Close

Save As

Delete

Import

Export

Update Maps

Have checked on below link:

http://education.feedfury.com/content/44533134-mdm-syndication.html

Have tried using import but the XML file wasn't recognized, does this mean I will need to create a map from scratch?

Is there a step-by-step procedure on creating a map?

I could also use the previous map, however, how do I add the following fields?

Gross weight, Net weight, Conversion factors for each AUOM, External Dimensions, Main barcodes/alternate barcodes, Local descriptions.

How do I add repetitive nodes?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately we can not reuse an existing map to create a new syndication map.

This is because each map is based on a target schema file(xsd) and if we change the xsd the map has to created again from scratch.

Alternative way for doing this is to use a super schema definition file which contains all the fields in MDM data model and then map only those delta fields which are required for an interface.

So if you want to create a new map with some more fields added open the existing map and do the mapping for the new fields and save this map as the new map required for another interface.

Hope this helps-Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are trying to modify the existing syndication map for new field addition, unfortunately it is not possible.

1. To get the new fields added, you have to have it first updated in XSD.

2. Add XSD to the XML schema section/node in the console.

3. Go to Syndicator and open the relevant table.

4. Or else, you can store the new XSd on your desktop and go to syndicator.

5. Click File -> New and choose XML schema file. (This will avoid the steps 2 & 3)

6. Select the XSD from your desktop and start creating the map.

7. Save the newly created map.

As a test, you can check first the syndication file before adding it to the port.

if the test is successful,

8. Enter the map name in the port details in the console and set the syndication to automatic.

P.S.:

If you are expecting few more fields new fields in future, I would suggest to get a new schema and leave such fields unmapped. Going forward atleast it wil help you edit the existing map directly with the source fields or by means of custom items functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Rahul

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did use using the XML Schema File and XML Schema but seemed not to work. I am still not able to see the additional fields. Have added the xml in the console but to no availl.

The destination items, is this manually added or is there a way to inherit from the previous mapping.

Many thanks!

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The source Items are the fields from MDM.

XML FORMAT: For destination items.. if you are connecting to the XSD.. you should be able to see the destination fields here. But if you are not.. I guess its because you did not connect to the xsd.

File -> New -> Type = XML Schema -> Select any RS -> XML Schema = If you have declared the XSD in Console.. you should be able to see it here.. -> The root will be populated automatically -> OK -> You can see it in Destination Items

There is NO WAY to inherit the previous.. if you want to make modifications in it.

But if you want to use the existing... you can open the XSD in the same method above.

You can refer Syndicator Reference guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/711def8a722593e10000000a42189b/MDMSyndicator71.pd...

Thanks,

Priti

Edited by: Priti Rani Patnaik on Dec 22, 2010 3:51 PM

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Tried different combinations of the root but seems only one is available which is missing the other destination fields required.

Many thanks for your assistance. Once I receive the new schema will try it again and have it remapped.

Happy holidays!

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

How can I use using Port option? How is it being configured? Is it being configured in the PI Adapter?

Many thanks!

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find Port in Console.

Assuming you have created the map.. the next steps are..

Go to Port -> Select the Map you have created and say Processing type = Continous.

Get in touch with the PI resource and give him details like.. Server .. Repository name.. Port Code.. Login credentials.. Also the xsd..

After the MDM-PI integration is done..

Create a new record in Data manager..

As soon as you save the record.. it will get syndicated from MDM.. and reaches "Ready" folder.. PI will pick it up and the file moves to "Archive" folder.. All this happens in seconds

The PI resource can see it at his end.

if you have too many records... for testing select suppressed unchanged records in the synsdication map.. to avoid sending too many files.

Refer the below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/43/1346e6ca856f40e10000000a422035/frameset.htm : Setting up PI

/people/ramesh.gulipalli2/blog/2009/11/27/sap-47-to-mdm-integration-using-pi71-part2

/people/ramesh.gulipalli2/blog/2009/11/16/sap-47-to-mdm-integration-using-pi71-part1

Thanks,

Priti

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to syndicate in XML / Text file?

If XML:

In Console: Upload the XSD in XML Schamas

In Syndicator: Connect to this XSD (In File -> New option)

Then you can map the fields and save the map.

In Console: Assign the map to Port

Port configurations: Make automatic.. based on when you want .. Continous, Daily, Weekely.

On creation / update.. a file will be syndicated to the port automatically.

I could also use the previous map, however, how do I add the following fields?

In Syndicator.. there is no way to add new fields to the existing XSD. You will have to do it from scratch. The existing map cannot be reused for it.

However any addition of fields is possible incase of Import Manager by haging the XSD in Console. The existing map can be reused.

How do I add repetitive nodes?

The repetitive nodes need to be defined in the XSD.

Thanks,

Priti