cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload attachements using ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Is it possible to upload attachements on behalf of travel expensses using an ESS scenario? We are on ECC 6.0 and EhP4 but I can't see a button in the webdynpro to attach documents or scanned receipts in the accelarated entry of expense function in ehp nor in the ehp1 or ehp2 functionality . If possible which scenario or service should we use. Should we use ArchiveLink or Easy DMS in favor?

All answers are welcome.

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

This functionality is available in ABAP Web Dynpro starting Enhancement

Package 2 with BP 1.2. However please note this is limited only to the WD ABAP landscape for ESS and

is a limitation for Java but is planned functionality for EHp5.

Use of Scanned Receipts and Adding of Attachments

If you use optical archives for Travel Management, in expense reports

you can display receipts that are scanned into the system. When

scanned receipts are allocated to an expense report, the system shows

them in the POWLs for travelers, travel assistants, and approving

manager.

Travelers can add attachments to their expense reports (for example, the

agenda of a convention). This can be done when creating an expense

report or in the POWL. Attachments are linked to the trip number and can

be viewed by travel assistants and approving managers.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/5d/eecf6d3832433ea4d292e5

7d925e10/frameset.htm

Please also check here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dc/92d8345388482be1000000

9b38f83b/frameset.htm

You also have to decide between using the functionality of using either attachments or scanned receipts (Archivelink) . Attachments are created with BUS2089. These are shown:

- in the POWL under the column 'attachments'

- in the trip itself on the header data view

Scanned documents must be created with TRAVEL. These are shown:

- in the POWL under the column 'facsimiles'. If not there, please

change the settings to display this column!

- in the trip itself in the receipts view!

You need to also customise in PE03, feature TRVPA, This works if OAA is 1 and if the documents are created with Type

TRAVEL.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the reply. Based on your information I think the most obvious option for our client is to choose the attachement option. However using the travel expense report using the POWL it isnt clear for me where the user enters these attachements.

I only see the option to add expense types but don't see any possibility to add an attachment from a local directory. Is this also standard SAP webdynpro or customer specific ?

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Just to make sure I correctly understand here...

do you mean that after configuration, in portal you do not see the link for 'attachments' in express expenses or for expense sheets, or that if after clicking 'attachments' hyperlink in express expenses, you do not have the option to add or open an attachment in the same way as backend

I came across a similar issue recently whereby customer wanted to use 'express expense sheet' with this functionality but answer from development was that the Web Dynpro applications in EHP4 handle attachments as such and not

as Business Documents (as in the back end). However, this functionality has been implemented in EHP5.

The above 2 notes give more info on GOS (Service for objects) also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

For your understanding: I mean that when clicking the attachement hyperlink in the EES I have the option to manually add the expense types such as hotelcosts etc. but I dont have any option to add attachements (like you describe as in ECC backend) such as a PDF as an actual prove of the expense.

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

We managed to upload some PDF files using the expense sheet functionality from EHP2. Next step is to show these attachements in the managers UWL.

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Can you share your solution how to get Attachments button visible? I also cannot see it in my portal.

Thanks,

Denis