cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction TAANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Could someone let me know in transaction TAANA what is difference between running Ad-hoc variant for e.g "bkpf" table and "Archive".

In first I get nr. records with specified field. What is the purpose of "archive" variant?

(I am trying to find but do not get answer. I assume I get nr of archivable entries but I am not sure). Could someone with expierence in this area let me know

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

As per my knowledge, no difference!

Whether you choose ad-hoc variant or Archive variant, it will give out the number of records for the field combination. It is just that SAP has already provided some readymade variants to do analysis. Idea is that everytime you want to do analysis, you need not create a new variant, you can use the standard one if it suffices your requirement. (by he way, you can also create an ad-hoc variant and save it for later use)

In case of variant Archive, you can analyze the 'potential' candidates for archiving, but it does not check for any archive criteria. Like for example, if you want to archive all document types of company code abcd which are older than 2005, you can find out thru TAANA (using either ad-hoc or archive variant, doesnt matter) how many entries correspond to this criteria. But it does not mean that all these records are archivable, because some of them may not meet the archive criteria.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

check this thread - and this link - http://www.sap4co.com/archiv-profit-center-analysis-of-table-glpca-329.htm for your answer.

Regards,

Sen