cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are installing NW on solaris 10 in zoning. During the installation process at "install JCE policy" iam facing problem FC-0011. It was defnietly permission problem but unable to identify where was the problem hitting from since it has permission 775 and even changed to 777 but still same.

Thanks in advance.

Kuma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use inherited filesystems in the zone they are read-only - so sapinst can't put the JCE policy file into the filesystem.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which user ID you are using for installation? which folder or filesystem you have assigned 777 permission, be careful while assigning 777 permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SUnil,

I was logged on as <SID>adm, and I ahve changed the permission to 777 to check if sapinst could access the JRE files to overwrite the jce policy. But that was of no,luck yet.

Hi Sita,

I will get tht checked with Unix team thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you started the sapinst using root userID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuma,

Please check where was your Java JDK files present, i mean if they are present in global zone and your SAP server setup happening in a local zone then in that case you might face this kind of permission problem. I have faced this and asked the solaris team to provide permission onto the Java JdK folder for the local zone where I was working and resolved the problem.

Check the same with your Unix team.

Hope this helps.