cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project actual start date and end date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm a beginner in cProject. I would like to know the logic of actual start and end date of a project.

I know we can fill manually these dates for a task, but how does it fill for a project or a phase?

Even after releasing my project, fields ACTUALSTART and ACTUALFINISH of table CGPL_PROJECT are not getting filled.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when you start entering the confirmation of tasks then only the actual start and actual end date will populate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thnaks for your answer.

What happens with me is that when I confirm my tasks, it only populates the actual start and end date for the tasks (CGPL_TASK) and not for phases or project (CGPL_PROJECT).

Is there a customization to set up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The confirmation only happens on Task, hence the dates will be updated only for Task.

No such customization exists in 4.0/4.5 where you get actual start/finish dates.

Niranjan

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The cgpl_project is a application-indepandent table, which is used by cProject and other applications. As the application cProject does not support actual dates of project header and phase level, the two fields does not occurs in UI.

Either you can add user-fields, which fill the dates using your own logic or using the evaluation of cProject to get the dates of actual-start or actual finish.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone,

I will use a user exit to fill the tables during BI extraction.